• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Are we gonna get kevlar like this cool Soviet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeh I read up heaps about it after posting. I'd always imagined the Soviets to not care enough about their men to bother developing anything like that. Years ago before doing much reading on the Russian front I'd always assumed Soviet equipment was inferior to German too during WW2. I guess it's just all the years of western propaganda that create that image through various media ne?

Just read the wiki article, that's pretty cool how it stops a 9mm mp round at 100to 200 yards... wonder if the devs would dare to implement this body armor? haha

Last edited:
Upvote 0
yeh I read up heaps about it after posting. I'd always imagined the Soviets to not care enough about their men to bother developing anything like that. Years ago before doing much reading on the Russian front I'd always assumed Soviet equipment was inferior to German too during WW2. I guess it's just all the years of western propaganda that create that image through various media ne?

Well, Ost Front was an education for me in that regard. Soviets had admirable bolt rifles, advanced semi automatic rifles, highly cost and combat effective submachine guns, and easily some of the best tanks/tank destroyers of WWII with the productive muscle to field them all in the largest quantities of any power in World War 2.

Some people still like to persist in the myth that the Soviets didn't have enough rifles to equip their soldiers....this, when the Soviets manufactured nearly as many submachine guns as many powers did rifles.

But then again, how anyone could think this when the majority of third world and insurgent militias/armies field Soviet manufactured arms/clones instead of World War surplus is beyond me.

It is indeed propaganda.

But then again I'm not sure a steel breastplate is all that advanced technologically :eek:

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.