• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

T-34 76 vs. Tiger Achievement

Problem is that RO-blackdayjuly's achievements are broken and nobody plays RO-krivoirog anymore.

Its too bad the tank load-out was not very realistic on Ro1 because really all CA and tank maps should have a good number of T-34/76's in them as the T-34/85 never actually replaced them ( the T-34/76 remained the most common tank until the end of the war). Instead we have an instant T-34/85 arrival as soon as its 1944...:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
ogledow doesnt have tigers.. you'll need blackdayjuly or krivoirog

krivoirog. bdj i think is still bugged. but like somebody already said you'll rarely see a server with the min 16 players on krivoirog. lucky for me i got it the week the achievements came out when we still had a good amount of full servers with options for maps. :D

Upvote 0
Problem is that RO-blackdayjuly's achievements are broken and nobody plays RO-krivoirog anymore.

Its too bad the tank load-out was not very realistic on Ro1 because really all CA and tank maps should have a good number of T-34/76's in them as the T-34/85 never actually replaced them ( the T-34/76 remained the most common tank until the end of the war). Instead we have an instant T-34/85 arrival as soon as its 1944...:rolleyes:

uhm...russians produced about 18.000 T-34/85...i think that this is a good number for only 18 months of production.....

the T-34 production was about:

35.000 T-34/76 (1940-1943)
18.000 T-34/85 (1944-1945)

Upvote 0
RiccardoTheBeAst said:
uhm...russians produced about 18.000 T-34/85...i think that this is a good number for only 18 months of production...
The point is or rather was that the T-34/85 should not magically replace the T-34/76 the instant its 1944 like what happens on most Ro stock and custom maps like RO-arad, Barashka,etc...There should be a lot more T-34/76's present in large quantities in a 1944-1945 scenarios rather than unrealistically replacing them with T-34/85's. By your own posted production numbers you can see that the T-34/76 had a much higher vehicle output on which was felt at the front-lines as is corroborated by '44-45 reports. It was not until the spring of 1944 that the T-34/85 reached the front-line in "significant numbers" and even then it was not until August-September of 1944 that it became a "common design" and yet there were still more T-34/76's in use even as the Red army rolled into Berlin in 1945.

Anyway here's another comparison for you:
The Panzer IV and Panther had much closer production numbers for example they made 7,219 long gunned Panzer IV (75mm L/43-L/48) and 6,176 Panther tanks in total however the Panther never fully replaced the Panzer IV.
Production chart:
-----------------------------
Panzer IV G...1,687
Panzer IV H...3,774
Panzer IV J....1,758
Panther D...850
Panther A...2,200
Panther G...3,126

Tank! said:
Panzer IV F2
Yes, I do not know what the obsession is with that tank as it was not only one of the least produced tanks of the war having only 175 vehicles produced in total it had virtually no real impact on the war and at best was an obsure footnote in the technical history of the Panzer IV tank. The way its put in maps and games these days makes you think the complete opposite I suspect it is chosen as its probably one of the worst Panzer IV models produced not due to some design flaws rather because its typically expected to contend with later war tanks from 1944-1945 even though its a thinly armored obscure 1942 vehicle.... rather than one of the more common Panzer IV's (G,H,J) I listed which would have much better armor protection and modernizations.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The point is or rather was that the T-34/85 should not magically replace the T-34/76 the instant its 1944 like what happens on most Ro stock and custom maps like RO-arad, Barashka,etc...There should be a lot more T-34/76's present in large quantities in a 1944-1945 scenarios rather than unrealistically replacing them with T-34/85's. By your own posted production numbers you can see that the T-34/76 had a much higher vehicle output on which was felt at the front-lines as is corroborated by '44-45 reports. It was not until the spring of 1944 that the T-34/85 reached the front-line in "significant numbers" and even then it was not until August-September of 1944 that it became a "common design" and yet there were still more T-34/76's in use even as the Red army rolled into Berlin in 1945.

Anyway here's another comparison for you:
The Panzer IV and Panther had much closer production numbers for example they made 7,219 long gunned Panzer IV (75mm L/43-L/48) and 6,176 Panther tanks in total however the Panther never fully replaced the Panzer IV.
Production chart:
Panzer IV G...1,687
Panzer IV H...3,774
Panzer IV J....1,758
Panther D...850
Panther A...2,200
Panther G...3,126

Yes, I do not know what the obsession is with that tank as it was not only one of the least produced tanks of the war having only 175 vehicles produced in total it had virtually no real impact on the war and at best was an obsure footnote in the technical history of the Panzer IV tank. The way its put in maps and games these days makes you think the complete opposite I suspect it is chosen as its probably one of the worst Panzer IV models produced not due to some design flaws rather because its typically expected to contend with later war tanks from 1944-1945 even though its a thinly armored obscure 1942 vehicle.... rather than one of the more common Panzer IV's (G,H,J) I listed which would have much better armor protection and modernizations.

First, thank you for the additional numbers and informations.

Second, yes, you're right, the T-34/85 didn't magically replaced all the T-34/76 the 1st January 1944, but it's true even that in the middle 1942 russians have started the production of T-34/76 mod. '42 that had turret with frontal armor of 70mm @ 30

Last edited:
Upvote 0