• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

New ennemies

Outsider

Grizzled Veteran
Aug 15, 2009
Just 2 tought :
- Hydra : an ennmy with more than 1 head. It couldn't be brought down with just one head out. (this is an old idea that i wanted to remain to everyone :D)
- something like a pet of the patriarch : it would only appear at the final wave with the patriarch as a bodyguard. It would be some doggy style ennemy.

What do you think ?

Not two heads maybe

Not two heads maybe

I was thinking of something similar that has the same premise...

a large, human-sheild zombie that had a comepletely armored head and front, therefore forcing you to either LAW it, or attack its unarmored back, thereby forcing some manuevering and giving the sharpshooter a run for it's money (like the huk to a firebug).

I prefer the armored idea to multiple heads, becuase it really acts as a whole new threat capable of breaking formations, trapping players, stopping 'invincible' SS players, and cutting overextended teams into peices.

Upvote 0
Final note

Final note

I was thinking of something similar that has the same premise...

a large, human-sheild zombie that had a comepletely armored head and front, therefore forcing you to either LAW it, or attack its unarmored back, thereby forcing some manuevering and giving the sharpshooter a run for it's money (like the huk to a firebug).

I prefer the armored idea to multiple heads, becuase it really acts as a whole new threat capable of breaking formations, trapping players, stopping 'invincible' SS players, and cutting overextended teams into peices.

Also, I have two things to add:
1)my specimen idea would have a low attack power and speed, but would also have an attack like the patriachs flinging one, so can stop players from running right next to it to get behind it.
2)I think this specimen should be not JUST with the patriarch, but with normal waves, no matter which idea is accepted.

Upvote 0
there's a really great thread about adding a Hydra......last time i saw it, was already up to maybe 6 or 7 pages of ideas for it.

the mythical hydra only had heads that could regenerate, however only one was "immortal". so long as the immortal head was functioning, the others could be decapitated and still regnerate. i believe it was for every one cut off, another 3 would grow. Hercules was able to defeat the beast by cutting off all three heads, then his nephew cauterized (fire/burning) each of the neck stumps which stopped the "immortal" and the other heads from growing back.

if you actually follow the myth in the game, it would provide for some unique strategies to defeat it. either the SS or zerker could decap each of the heads individually and have a firebug "cauterize" each stump with his flamethrower OR the SS/zerker could get the "immortal" head first (which imo means it should be the most difficult to shoot), the firebug cauterizes it immediately, which would mean the others would not grow back.......easy decaps for the others and you've successfully killed the speciman. the only issue would be that the everytime there was a hydra, you'd be REQUIRED to have a firebug or at least a flamethrower in order to cauterize the head(s). at least it would give the firebug some meaning in the game. but if there's no firebug, i think for the game's sake, stretch the myth a bit and allow the beast to get taken down once it's taken ex amount of total damage

Last edited:
Upvote 0
the mythical hydra only had three heads that could regenerate. however only one was "immortal". so long as the immortal head was functioning, the other two could be decapitated and still regnerate. Hercules was able to defeat the beast by cutting off all three heads, then his nephew cauterized (fire/burning) each of the neck stumps which stopped the "immortal" and the other heads from growing back.

I thought his nephew used boiling tar to cauterise the necks...

Upvote 0
the most common version says he used a burning firebrand. regardless the concept is "heat" to cauterize the stumps, which is where the firebug could come into play with KF.

as for the amount of heads, could be 3, 5, 9, for every 1 decapped, 2 regrow or 3 regrow etc.....just using the myth as a foundation for the zed then making it balanced enough (and "realistic") to work with the game. could have it spit venomous blood, give it another kind of weapon etc....

just the basic concept is interesting to work with

Upvote 0
ok silly idea

6 clots, tied together with a bullet resistance skin drapped over them (the patty did it to them, or maybe a husk). so if funtions like a troop transport/spawning zed. When the skin takes enought damage it "dies" and then the 6 full health clots come at you.

Maybe gorefest better so they can come out and charge you, and get out of nade dream shot. Also it would have no head, so SS hate it.

Upvote 0
ok silly idea

6 clots, tied together with a bullet resistance skin drapped over them (the patty did it to them, or maybe a husk). so if funtions like a troop transport/spawning zed. When the skin takes enought damage it "dies" and then the 6 full health clots come at you.

Maybe gorefest better so they can come out and charge you, and get out of nade dream shot. Also it would have no head, so SS hate it.

lol, not so bad. It sure looks a lot like a Lovecraft's piece of flesh.
But a true new ennemy would be better : like some Siamese twins with something like 3 legs, 4 arms, at least 2 heads. Wouldn't it be more disgusting ? :D

Upvote 0
Cool ideas. I second a flying zed as well though I fear it might get stuck out of reach on some maps. I have a few ideas myself as coming up with new monsters is always fun.

Some sort of brute class crawler that moves slow, like the husk, and takes more hit but can throw or spit a cloud os spiders in a cone, hitting many survivors at range. The spiders would probably deal less than bile but would cover the vision. Maybe a visual effect of spiders swamring over the computer screen, obscuring vision a bit and dealing damage.

Alternately, special preggo crawlers whose bellies explode and cause spiders to swarm around their bodies for a short while when killed. Stand to close when you kill them and you get covered in spiders.

A brute class invisible monster. Nothing with the strength of a fleshpound or scrake, but maybe about as much as a flurry of gorefast slashes. Invisibility is a pretty neat ability so it would be nice to see more beasts with the power than just stalkers and the patriarch. Maybe have it move really fast too. Might be fun for a little late game chaos.

Upvote 0