• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Inconsistent gore/ragdoll appearance

Imagine the effects...

Imagine the effects...

I personally think that this is a good, but rather unorthodox idea: when a specimen dies, keep the body. The remaining carnage is a cool effect that I have noticed in some games that have the feature. And it makes the ending pictures so much more dramatic, as well as making the rooms feel like an actual battlefeild.

Upvote 0
I personally think that this is a good, but rather unorthodox idea: when a specimen dies, keep the body. The remaining carnage is a cool effect that I have noticed in some games that have the feature. And it makes the ending pictures so much more dramatic, as well as making the rooms feel like an actual battlefeild.

There's a mutator that does this called INeedBodies or something like that. While it is a cool idea and effect, the amount of lag it causes starts to become noticeable around wave 4 solo (on my computer at least) and the game would be completely unplayable for most people in the later waves.

Upvote 0
Thats too bad

Thats too bad

There's a mutator that does this called INeedBodies or something like that. While it is a cool idea and effect, the amount of lag it causes starts to become noticeable around wave 4 solo (on my computer at least) and the game would be completely unplayable for most people in the later waves.

Too bad. That would be a cool effect.

Upvote 0
what they need to do is have static bodies replace the ragdolls of specimens after they die. that won't lag as much
I don't think rag-dolls cause lag at all as they are client-side.
If anything they can cause a slowdown of the framerate but a static version probably wouldn't be that much more economic - and I don't get how you propose they get switched out for a static version anyways.

Upvote 0
Hundreds of bodies lying around would cause unnecessary fps drops..

But about the disappearing zeds, Ive noticed it more often with Poundamonium mutator. For some reason the game tends to make them pop like balloons without any blood/gore effects. Also the fleshpounds fly around the map very often, I think its due lack of space or something.

EDIT: Btw Tom, why are you constantly mocking the game here in forums? If you hate it so much why do you even play it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
That's one of the reasons I hate any kind of online gaming, it's consistently unreliable.
Too bad KF doesn't have an open ended SP campaign like Borderlands.

Do you complain about EVERYTHING? You can't even ever help yourself from comparing KF to other games that have near nothing in common with KF other than "Point & Shoot"

You honestly seem to enjoy other games much more than KF and can do nothing but complain about this game... Honestly, go play L4D2, you seem to enjoy that game more. How about making one thread with your complaints and editing it when you have a new one not twenty (threads)? At least people can ignore that one and don't have to deal with the others.

Last edited:
Upvote 0