• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

New Specimen

I think this would be pretty cool actually. But what happens if you shoot it before it gets to you...would it blow up and hurt the other zombies or would it just die?

I am generally for well thought out additional content because without a continuous stream of it I think I'll lose interest in this game. Especially if there isn't new modes of play.

Upvote 0
Problem is: how would you balance its damage? What happens if your team is clustered, playing on suicidal, and this zed's damage is too high, and one blows up taking the entire team?

Sure, that's something TWI can easily balance, but still.

I think that is what is needed actually. A specimen designed to break up clusters and camping. Making the game harder...or at least harder to camp without fear.

Upvote 0
I've been saying we should have a fast anti-camper zed for a long time. Right now the husk is the closest thing to anti-camp since its fireball has a blast radius. Still, everything is pretty slow, so a zed that's always fast would be great. It should be fairly tough so it's a challenge to kill quickly, since it would be singled out every time. Either this goblin bomb zed or a bull zed with knockback charge attack. The goblin should blow up when you shoot it, but the bomb idea seems a bit cheesy for KF (Serious Sam/Warcraft 2). If it blew up with a shower of acid, like a small, fast bloat cousin that would make more sense. It shouldn't look like a bloat though.
---

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I originally disliked the move to faster gameplay that was introduced in retail because it seems like a trend toward the more mainstream run-and-gun style. Surprisingly, despite being faster the game encourages camping more heavily because most specs are faster than you. The mod balanced players being on the same order of speed by having both sides slow and cornering you with numbers and durability. Adding faster specs will only turn KF into something like a rail shooter/ turret battle because you are vastly outpaced by attackers.

Upvote 0
I originally disliked the move to faster gameplay that was introduced in retail because it seems like a trend toward the more mainstream run-and-gun style. Surprisingly, despite being faster the game encourages camping more heavily because most specs are faster than you. The mod balanced players being on the same order of speed by having both sides slow and cornering you with numbers and durability. Adding faster specs will only turn KF into something like a rail shooter/ turret battle because you are vastly outpaced by attackers.

Umm we are outpaced by attackers now especially on the higher difficulties.

Upvote 0
Umm we are outpaced by attackers now especially on the higher difficulties.
That's what I said.
me said:
because most specs are faster than you
You can't usually be in the fray because you get flanked, cornered, ect. so most people cover an area, don't move, and hope you can kill the specs before they reach you. I realise that the old gameplay wouldn't mesh with weapons/specs from retail but there is no need to push it toward make specs faster/tougher because we kill them fast and they don't reach us. I like husks for this reason. It accomplishes it's job well and provides a decent thread without simply making a spec tougher, faster, or stronger.

Upvote 0
Easily the most hilarious specimen in history

LOL aye, when I saw this I couldnt help thinking of the goblins in Warcraft III with their ridiculous voices.

But yea its an ok idea, altho dont you think the siren does pretty much the same thing apart from being fast. I mean, it does damage to the entire team if it gets close enough and in worst cases can cause a wipe instantly (suicidal). Also the husk causes damage to multiple persons and it can attack from any range.

Upvote 0