• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Should medics have more health than others?

[MtK]StenO

Jan 5, 2010
To me, it makes sense if medics are slightly more durable than the others, in addition to the body armour boost they already get. Is this completely out of line?

Level 0: +5 health
Level 1: +10
Level 2: +15
Level 3: +20
Level 4: +25
Level 5: +30
Level 6: +35/+40

Or drop the level 0 bonus and make level 6 +30/+35. It's not that much more and I don't think it would help if the entire team went medic for the patriarch just to be able to take slightly more damage and have much less damage output.

Nah.
If anyones going to get extra health then it has to be the zerker.
As a lvl 5 zerker and lvl 6 medic I find it much easier to tank as the medic.
Just a little side note as a lvl 6 medic when you have full armor on suicidal you can stand on 3 live grenades and still have a round 20-40 armor left.

Upvote 0
Lvl 6 Medic with katana already makes Berserker perk useless, even on suicidal. On normal or hard you have to really suck to get killed. I was pinned down for 12 seconds by 2 scrackes, 2 gorefasts and some 5 lesser zeds, and guess what... killed them all and still got about 40 health.

Upvote 0
Personally, I always thought the Beserkers should have the armor bonus and the medics the health resist. On the theory that health is more medical related and Armor is more Battle related.

But then comes the issue that Medic levels means cheaper armor price as they dont specialize in an attack type. Even so Medics should still get cheaper armor without it effecting too much.

But this is jsut mere opinion. The game makes does what it is, but its an option to think about.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Nah, I like the whole idea of having super armor but being as squishy as anyone else when it fails. It's a unique gameplay aspect, even if it doesn't particularly fit the medic well.

Adding general extra health alongside faster self healing, better self healing, and super armor would be taking it way too far.

The only current problem with medics that I see is the rewards. Healing simply doesn't pay well enough, and your efforts aren't acknowledged by the kill count.

Upvote 0