• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Text Issues.

KFerror

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jan 3, 2010
I have a problem with killing floor in that all the text appears as periods/spaces. For example:

25i6ekl.jpg

Now I changed the resolution to my native (1280x800) and it fixes most of the text issues, but now the text overlays, or when I go to 'solo mode' still appears like the above example.

What is the problem?

I've figured out what the problem is. It's is to do with your AA type. It runs perfectly on my system (i7 920 @ 2.66 ghz, Sapphire HD 5970 OC edition) with normal AA but if I use adaptive multi sample AA it goes bonkers and deletes all the menus like the pics above. If you change it back to the general multi sample AA it will work fine with any level of AA. If you have to have adaptive multi sample AA then you'll have to run it with no AA forced and no AA via the games software.

Note: The AA levels and AA type are forced via the ATI Catalyst software, I'm currently using the 9.12 version with the hemlock beta drivers for my 5970. I hope it helps you guys out :).

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Thanks Synboi i'll try that out makes sence.:rolleyes:

Sure thing.

If you guys are still having problems my full settings from the 3D tab (I just use the ALL tab found in 3D, no point wasting time XD) are as follows:

Smoothvision HD: Anti-Aliasing

Unticked "Use application settings"
Set at 8X samples with the slider using the "Box" filter.

Smoothvision HD: Anisotropic Filtering

Unticked "Use application settings"
Set at 16X AF on the slider

Catalyst A.I.
Unticked 'Disable Catalyst A.I."
Set slider on "Advanced"

Mipmap Detail level
Slider set to "High Quality" which is the right most point on the slider.

Wait for vertical refresh
Set to "Always On" which is the right most point on the slider

Anti-Aliasing Mode
Set to "Multi-sample AA" left most lider point.
Note: If it is set to "Adaptive Multi-sample AA" this would probably be the cause of your missing titles and text, change it back to the "Multi-sample AA" slider point to solve this error or run the game with no in game AA or any forced AA via this console program.

OpenGL Settings

Ticked "Triple buffering"

Tell me if you still get any more problems and I'll have a tinker to see what is making mine work and not yours, though the AA

Upvote 0
I've figured out what the problem is. It's is to do with your AA type. It runs perfectly on my system (i7 920 @ 2.66 ghz, Sapphire HD 5970 OC edition) with normal AA but if I use adaptive multi sample AA it goes bonkers and deletes all the menus like the pics above. If you change it back to the general multi sample AA it will work fine with any level of AA. If you have to have adaptive multi sample AA then you'll have to run it with no AA forced and no AA via the games software.

Note: The AA levels and AA type are forced via the ATI Catalyst software, I'm currently using the 9.12 version with the hemlock beta drivers for my 5970. I hope it helps you guys out :).
How do you change that? Or mess with it or whatever :p

Upvote 0
Help please

Help please

I have intel i3, intel HD graphics, 4g RAM. My text is braille in killing floor, and i changed my resolution to 1366 X idk, and the text is fine except for when i highlight things, and the buy menu for the gun shop. My pc runs this on high graphics perfectly on 1366, but the braille is unbearable. Please reply, thanks.

Upvote 0