• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Router is disconnecting and the "fix" won't help

Im running vista and I have some stupid 2wire router and it keeps disconnecting every minute or so. The problem is when I tried the fix and went to properties to select read only I also accidently went to the Opens With tab and selected STEAM. Now all the files including the masterservers file open with steam instead of whatever it was originally meant to open with. Not sure if this is the reason the "fix" hasnt been working but I tried it and my router still disconnects.

Thanks for the help guys.

1. Im not always disconnecting from my router when I refresh the masterserver. Its at all random times, sometimes when im in the middle of the game, and sometimes when I'm not.

2. And I have the 2wire router and trust me, it is disconnecting. Im watching the router in from of me disconnect every couple of minutes, it only disconnects for like 30 secs but its enough for the game to be unplayable.

Upvote 0
It actually disconnects? As in a light flashes orange (Like on my bt hub) or some other indication that it has been disonnected from the internet?

Def. can't see this being caused by the 'fix'.
Only thing I've experienced like this was when my Hub kept restarting everytime my phone rang, Due to it being cordless and stuff. Oh guess what, it's right next to my hub and it never resets anymore. I just blame BT.

Upvote 0
It actually disconnects? As in a light flashes orange (Like on my bt hub) or some other indication that it has been disonnected from the internet?

Def. can't see this being caused by the 'fix'.
Only thing I've experienced like this was when my Hub kept restarting everytime my phone rang, Due to it being cordless and stuff. Oh guess what, it's right next to my hub and it never resets anymore. I just blame BT.

Yup the internet light flashes red for a few moments and it says I've been disconnected from the internet.

Upvote 0