• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Any new good military history books release recently?

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
What's all this about trolling?!?!?

:rolleyes:

If you want to read about the Eastern Front then you could read The Retreat by Michael Jones (which I and my wife helped with a little on the translation side) or David Glantz's trilogy about Stalingrad - I think all 3 volumes are out now - but that is an ultra heavyweight read in more than one sense.

Alternatively I noticed some book out recently about Soviet women soldiers - Soviet Women in Combat by Anna Krylova. Dunno if it's any good as I haven't read it yet but it is published by Cambridge and that is usually a good sign.

Any of Jason Mark's are worth a read as well - I have been meaning to get 'Death of the Leaping Horseman' about the 24.Panzer-Division in Stalingrad but I expect it is sold out...was last time I looked. His Island of Fire is very very good, if you can ignore all the typoes.

Other than that, Ivan's War by Catherine Merridale is good for a laugh too... she is not too hot on the technology and weaps side of things but the psychology of the frontoviki is covered rather well.

And merry new year to all the basterds on this thread who call me a troll :mad:

;)

:p

:D

Upvote 0
If you want to read about the Eastern Front then you could read The Retreat by Michael Jones (which I and my wife helped with a little on the translation side) or David Glantz's trilogy about Stalingrad - I think all 3 volumes are out now - but that is an ultra heavyweight read in more than one sense.

Any of Jason Mark's are worth a read as well - I have been meaning to get 'Death of the Leaping Horseman' about the 24.Panzer-Division in Stalingrad but I expect it is sold out...was last time I looked. His Island of Fire is very very good, if you can ignore all the typoes.

Other than that, Ivan's War by Catherine Merridale is good for a laugh too... she is not too hot on the technology and weaps side of things but the psychology of the frontoviki is covered rather well.

:D

I can only find "The Retreat" on the Amazon UK site are they good about sending books to the USA?

I am ordering "Death of the Leaping Horsemen" tonight it sounds great and there are plenty of pages to read on. I checked out some other books by the same author and it looks like I will purchase even more from them.

I have owned "Ivans War" for about two years now it's still on my bookshelf and has been read a few times.

Upvote 0
I read this many moons ago, it has just been re-released.
Another aspect of the war...

The-Cretan-Runner-by-Geor-001.jpg

Upvote 0