• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Grenade question

It possibly stores parts of a grenade separately

a box gives you half a grenade, so 2 will give you 1

Lol, they store the grenade in one box, and its pin in the other box ?

Co'on, there is a thing called logic. Please, use it. It's free, and it's good.

It's a chance for a ammo box to contain the grenade. Some have, some don't. And according to ... me, higher difficult reduce this chance.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Each ammo box gives .5 Frag Grenades and .25 Pipe Bombs. Not worth it, except in emergencies, as on Hard or Suicidal (Where I play), ammo boxes are incredibly rare and take forever to respawn.

Nothing pisses me off more than when a demoman nabs upwards of 6 ammo boxes just for a freaking pipe bomb when I'm sitting with almost empty ammo in my Shotguns...ugh...

Upvote 0
Each ammo box gives .5 Frag Grenades and .25 Pipe Bombs. Not worth it, except in emergencies, as on Hard or Suicidal (Where I play), ammo boxes are incredibly rare and take forever to respawn.

Nothing pisses me off more than when a demoman nabs upwards of 6 ammo boxes just for a freaking pipe bomb when I'm sitting with almost empty ammo in my Shotguns...ugh...

QFT. I'm pretty sure NanoStrike is correct in his explaination of how the ammo boxes work.

Upvote 0
Sorry ScareFace I should have searched first and told the OP. Um well if you brought this up can you give us a confirmation on how they work and on which difficulties?

I can confirm that on both Hard AND Suicidal, my earlier statement is correct.

.5 Hand Grenades per box
.25 Pipe Bombs per box

If you die, the counter seems to start over, as well. If you were at .75 of a pipe bomb and bite the big one, when you respawn, you're at .0 of a pipebomb again.

Not sure if reloading your pipes has any effect on this, though. Boxes are so rare on Hard/Suicidal, however, that getting pipes from them isn't viable and getting nades from them is still pretty wasteful. Don't take ammo boxes unless it does more than give you grenades...seriously!

On Beginner/Normal, the boxes give more ammo, so I'm not sure about those. I stopped playing Normal a long time ago.

Upvote 0
I can confirm that on both Hard AND Suicidal, my earlier statement is correct.

.5 Hand Grenades per box
.25 Pipe Bombs per box

If you die, the counter seems to start over, as well. If you were at .75 of a pipe bomb and bite the big one, when you respawn, you're at .0 of a pipebomb again.

Not sure if reloading your pipes has any effect on this, though. Boxes are so rare on Hard/Suicidal, however, that getting pipes from them isn't viable and getting nades from them is still pretty wasteful. Don't take ammo boxes unless it does more than give you grenades...seriously!

On Beginner/Normal, the boxes give more ammo, so I'm not sure about those. I stopped playing Normal a long time ago.

What he said.

Upvote 0