• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Sledgehammer for Zerker and an idea for the Axe

BlueLightning

Nov 2, 2009
I was doing some work in my friend garage, with a sledgehammer, when I started thinking, "A sledgehammer would be a cool addition to Killing Floor." So I started think about how it could work in the game and this is what I thought up of:

The sledgehammer would help give some power to the zerker because any class, I believe, can take down a fleshpound, except a zerker (On a normal, hard, or suicidial game with more than just yourself). . If added, the sledgehammer can perhaps stun it or (for some of you think stunning a fleshpound would make it took easy) cause it to rage again or just deal major damage. The weight could be 7 or 8, so that you can't carry a chainsaw and sledgehammer.

The primary attack can be slow for it's power and it's alt-attack can smash down (like the axe), but in return cause you to stand in one spot cause you have to pull it back up.

Also, for the Axe (this can also work the with sledgehammer, I suppose) I thought it would help if it's swing can hit multiple enemies. This would help the Axe gain a few more fans.

And I hate saying this, but I got this idea for L4D2. I don't want all weapons to have this ability though. All other weapons are meant for a single enemy.

The Axe idea would help the zerker a lot cause we all know it got demoted recently. And the sledgehammer would help bring zerker up in the ranks again. As for Firebug...there's always tomorrow...:D

The primary attack can be slow for it's power and it's alt-attack can smash down (like the axe), but in return cause you to stand in one spot cause you have to pull it back up.

Also, for the Axe (this can also work the with sledgehammer, I suppose) I thought it would help if it's swing can hit multiple enemies. This would help the Axe gain a few more fans.

I think it would be great to hit multiple enemies at same time, when like, we get surrounded alot of times, we can only kill 1 enemy at the time, and to swing the axe and hit multiple enemies at same time would be great IMO.

Upvote 0
I was doing some work in my friend garage, with a sledgehammer, when I started thinking, "A sledgehammer would be a cool addition to Killing Floor."

lol

I suggested a Sledgehammer for berserker like a month ago, and been talking about it all the time.

I think it would be great, we need some blunt weaponary to bring some diversity in the weapons. The way I planned it to work is as a knocking back weapon which causes the specimen to knock back for few feet or just get stunned. The secondary attack would be a swing which hits multiple enemies, knocking them back but doesnt do much damage (basically wouldnt kill even clots on suicidal, but would be great for crowd control). The primary attack would kill everything but scrakes and fleshpounds from one hit to the head (crushing the skull).

It could weight around as much as the chainsaw so you could carry lets say a katana and the sledgehammer, and it would cost around the same too.

Upvote 0
Would be nice if katana alt-fire sweep hit multiple zeds, but if left to the axe it would give people a reason to use it.

Zerk def needs a tier 3 melee weapon to compete with scars and m14s. A sledgehammer would be cool, something with slow swing but very high dmg. Perhaps it could be an antique medieval axe to justify the price tag.

Upvote 0
And what about shurikens? That would be pwnage

shuriken-21.jpg

Upvote 0
An alternative to shurikens is throwing axes or throwing knives. Could have 10-20 throwing knives that do high damage like a katana swing except they are deployed quickly, easier than whipping out a xbow. The quickest access would be using the grenade slot, press the nade button and you instantly throw a knife. If people would rather not trade their nades, the throwing knives/shurikens could take up the special weapon slot, or even the primary weapon slot, which would require switching weapons but the switch would be fast. This would also enable "aiming" for better distance accuracy. The benefit here is you wouldn't lose your melee speed and the knives/shurikens would benefit from your melee attack speed and dmg boost. This would help the zerk deal with certain threats at range without using another perk's weapon. The limited quantity would prevent the zerk from turning into a ranged class.

Upvote 0
Hmm... throwing axes that would be just stupid IMO. :p

But i really like the idea of throwing shurikes/knife, for better accuracy it could zoom our vision or like... activate zed time when we need it and start throwing it.

I know some people will be like: " Activate zed time? bah noob fgt " <-- lulz

But for example, a berserk could like, activate zed time or slow motion x times during a wave, and after that, they couldn't use it again, just next wave.

Upvote 0
@ Tiago, ever heard of a tomahawk? Indians kicked *** with throwing axes back in the day, and they're still used today in lumberjack/archery competitions.

If zerk gets a throwing weapon, it should be deployed very quickly, and most likely would be used at a fairly short range, so aiming would only come in handy for the occasional hail mary throw. Long bomb kills would be freakin sweet tho :D
---

Last edited:
Upvote 0
in other post, i said throwing knives can be a very good addition to zerker... as slot 4 weapon, and no more than 6... they are pickable once on floor (or zed head), have the ability to stun a fp... the problem is distance, cause the knife looses dmg in distance (preventing from spamming long range or something) and the knifes fall from air (gravity) not like a Xbow bolt.

also, i said that zerker need area effect weapons... almost all classes have 'em... and zerker needs it more, because he is in a "risky" position xD, in suicidal sometimes mobs spawn in your back... killing one by one isnt fair... let's hope twi update zerker a little

Upvote 0
also, i said that zerker need area effect weapons... almost all classes have 'em... and zerker needs it more, because he is in a "risky" position xD, in suicidal sometimes mobs spawn in your back... killing one by one isnt fair... let's hope twi update zerker a little

That's what someone else and I said some posts above, making an addition to the katana and the axe, instead of killing 1 zed at the time, to be able to hit multiple enemies at same time when the player is surrounded.

Upvote 0