• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Make Zeds Stupid!

I don't remember this at all and I've been reading these forums since the retail release.

I recall playing for the first few patches and not having nade avoidance, then after a patch sometime before heavy metal, the zeds started avoiding grenades. Il read up in the update history and see if there is mention of it.

edit: no luck finding it in the steam update info, and im not sure where the changelogs are.

Either way I recall very well noticing them avoiding grenades after a patch a while back.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
for being semi-smart they sure do moan and hobble a lot

They're imperfect clones. Kevin Clamely managed to get a lot right (I mean, making the **** you fight is pretty impressive) but he also managed to **** a lot up. Clots don't have enough motor control to really run - or to pick up and aim a firearm. But they're got enough smarts to go "Oh hey, grenade. I should get away."

Upvote 0
Well, if they want to keep the nade avoidance, then we should be allowed to "cook" or "prime" a grenade, that is, hold it a few seconds to try to time it so that it explodes just as its reaching the targets. It's just a minor annoyance of the game but something that certainly could be fixed to make the game more enjoyable.

Upvote 0