• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Would anyone else be happy to pay for the Killing Floor Story Mode Expansion?

Undedd Jester

Grizzled Veteran
Oct 31, 2009
Sheffield, England
I myself never played the original killing floor mod on Unreal Tournement, which as far as I can tell used to have a story in it. Looking around the internet and managing to find scraps of the story here and there I actually find myself REALLY interested in what actually went down in London.

I love the game and having read bits here and there I'd say I'm more than happy to pay for Killing Floor all over again to actually play a properly cut scened, in depth story mode to cover Kevin Clamelys rise from happy family man, through depressed science researcher, on to mad scientist, and finally to genetically superior freak of nature. The story is brilliant from what I can tell, far better than randomly evil Umbrella Corporation in Resident Evil and alot more creative than the likes of L4D which has next to no story at all. Its a real shame that most people (including myself) don't really know about it

Fighting your way through hell and being one of the few survivors of the initial outbreak that tore through most of the armed forces would be an absolutely intense start, and finally facing a proper battle with the man himself would be immense. I'd happily pay another

I'd pay for a campaign version, yeah. But I'd only be happy paying in proportion to what we're getting.

If it's a barebones reworking of base KF, so it plays *like* a campaign (ie. they remove the trader voice and recode spawning so they come endlessly)...I'd pay $2. $5 tops.

If it's a campaign that has much thought put into it as some of the story mode maps fans are making...yeah, I'd pay upward of $10 to see it done by TWI.

Since the workings of story mode are already there, I'm not too keen on paying for something that basically just turns it on, and a few maps to play them on.

Upvote 0
Incidently if any of you want the bits that I've pieced together I got alot of them from the unofficial KF-wiki, and I confirmed most of it across other sites as well.

[url]http://www.kf-wiki.com/wiki/Kevin_Clamely[/URL]

[url]http://www.kf-wiki.com/wiki/Clot[/URL]

[url]http://www.kf-wiki.com/wiki/Overview#Killing_Floor:_The_bedtime_story[/URL]

I think I just really like the idea of a leading bio genetics scientist trying to recreate his destroyed life, giving birth to the specimens and upon nearly achieving his goal armed forces broke in to put an end to his experiments and he in turn released his specimens to destroy them all. With a significant amount of padding, multiplayer through the story would be awesome ^^

Upvote 0
having played the original campaign here are some things i can tell you:

even though we have this new KF with cool graphics and polished gameplay, a story mode will NEVER be the same as the one from KF 1.0. from what i know Alex went thru a period in his life when he was very dark and angry. KF used to reflect this. around 2.0 things changed, the maps became brighter, cleaner, and more friendly.

if i could put it any way, think of Metallica, you have the angry Kill Em All album, and then you have the St Anger album. even though its Metallica on both albums, we will NEVER have another album like Kill Em All. things have changed. ppl move on from being angry and bitter.

what made the campaign so great was the BAD graphics, the EVIL atmosphere, the DARK feeling behind it all. the KF today just doesnt have that anymore. the textures are clean, the zombies arent as scary, the music isnt as dark, the maps are much brighter and cleaner. everything that made KF absolutely SCARY is gone.

it would be better to just buy UT2004, and install KF 1.0, play the storymode, and then fondly think about it whenever you play KF retail.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
it would be better to just buy UT2004, and install KF 1.0, play the storymode, and then fondly think about it whenever you play KF retail.

That's what i have been doing lately, been playing KF 2.5.

KF retail at the moment for me it's kinda boring, it still got it's funny moments, but it's kinda boring, and with the mega SS perk, it's even worse.

Upvote 0
if i see you on, ill join you for a game.

Sure, but at the moment, my ut2004 and kf 2.5 are kinda stupid.

I know it's gonna be off topic but it's a funny little story.

I install ut2004, after that i install kf 2.5

But i didn't want to play kf 2.5 and i clicked on unreal, after loading somehow i started playing kf 2.5. I was confused and i hit disconnect, and for some reason it wasn't working, so i hit exit game. I exit game and somehow instead of exiting it opened kf 1.0!

I was like : What the Fail? And after that i hit exit game and since then it's been kinda stupid. Got to reinstall everything again.

Upvote 0
Sure, but at the moment, my ut2004 and kf 2.5 are kinda stupid.

I know it's gonna be off topic but it's a funny little story.

I install ut2004, after that i install kf 2.5

But i didn't want to play kf 2.5 and i clicked on unreal, after loading somehow i started playing kf 2.5. I was confused and i hit disconnect, and for some reason it wasn't working, so i hit exit game. I exit game and somehow instead of exiting it opened kf 1.0!

I was like : What the Fail? And after that i hit exit game and since then it's been kinda stupid. Got to reinstall everything again.

it happened to me also, UT for some reason flips out and is like, "OMG WHAT DOES HE WANT TO PLAY?!"

Upvote 0
Kill 'em all was less angry and more yoof smack head enduced enthusiasm. St Anger was more ooh I have millions of dollars lets use a dustbin lid as a snare. I reckon young Alexander the Great was listening to below when he came up with the game of the year...

YouTube - Metallica - Harvester of Sorrow Live in Russia

I miss the early 90's when kids didn't emo back then. They would just shut the f%ck up and deal with it back then. I blame the internet for giving the weak a voice.

Upvote 0
Agree with gusone. St Anger was an abomination of unspeakable horrors. Somehow after Cliff passed away, Lars seemed to have lost all sense of how to play the drums. I mean a lot of newer Metallica songs sound like they have the potential to be decent songs...until the cymbals kick in. It really showed on Death Magnetic. Whatever, Ride the Lightning was their best album anyway :D Ok that's neither here nor there, so back on topic.

I think TWI ARE in the process of putting in a story mode. We will see.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

In that case awesome. :D Having never played KF 1.0 or even really knowing anything about it, I couldn't say I'd be disappointed with anything that would be turned out. However even if it is vastly different, the story has such an original twist on the whole zombie army deal I'd still be thrilled to play it.

With some of the ideas Alex had, and a few liberal uses of cutscenes and backstory filling, a properly done multiplayer story mode has an unreal amount of potential... no pun intended :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
That's what i have been doing lately, been playing KF 2.5.

KF retail at the moment for me it's kinda boring, it still got it's funny moments, but it's kinda boring, and with the mega SS perk, it's even worse.

so lets find a way to capture that essence of a game that remains intruiging and scary and put it in words and hand that essay to TWI, enabling them to then have a guideline for playmodes, or changes to the general stylus of KF2.
Remember, making any venue of expansion, that you want to see, easier for the developer only makes it more likely to be brought into existance.

Upvote 0
so lets find a way to capture that essence of a game that remains intruiging and scary and put it in words and hand that essay to TWI, enabling them to then have a guideline for playmodes, or changes to the general stylus of KF2.
Remember, making any venue of expansion, that you want to see, easier for the developer only makes it more likely to be brought into existance.

there's already a full story. they just need to make it.

Upvote 0
Agree with gusone. St Anger was an abomination of unspeakable horrors. Somehow after Cliff passed away, Lars seemed to have lost all sense of how to play the drums. I mean a lot of newer Metallica songs sound like they have the potential to be decent songs...until the cymbals kick in. It really showed on Death Magnetic. Whatever, Ride the Lightning was their best album anyway :D Ok that's neither here nor there, so back on topic.

I hope they are, I want some cool ZED busting story sessions. Would sure beat my current bedtime stories.

And don't be too harsh on St Anger. Sure, it was completely godawful as far as albums go in the history of the universe, But Frantic and St Anger were alright live, on account of the far higher sound quality and real drums. Rest of the songs were always crap though.

Last edited:
Upvote 0