• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Idea: 25 Wave game (long post)

KeswickGallagher

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 30, 2009
Ok i've had this idea for a advanced version of Long Game which can be played on any Difficulty

ok the first 7 waves would be the same as a Normal Length game

But wave 8 would be a Mini Boss Round
(i'll write down all the Bosses and you guys can Select what boss you think would fit where)

then you've have some more rounds

Wave 12 Would be a Bloat & Siren only Round

Wave 15 Would Feature the 2nd Boss

Wave 17 would Be a Crawler Only Round (but 100 Crawlers for ever Player in the game on Suicidal So 6 players would mean 600 Crawlers to Deal with)

Wave 20 Would be Pandemonium So Lots and lots of Fleshpounds

Wave 21 Would be the 3rd Boss

and then wave 25 would be the Normal Patriarch Boss

of couse they'd been Achievements for this.

Bosses.
I've had a Few ideas for Bosses So I'll Write them all down

Boss Idea 1: a Bloat Who has just a Ridicules Amount of Health but moves at the Speed of a Scrake and just like the Scrake it will start to move Very fast if it is near death. (I'm calling this one The Great unclean one after warhammer (names are just my nicknames for them)

Boss Idea 2: a Zombie Rhino (Bare With me!) Who like the Husk locks on to it's target when it attacks but it charges faster then any other Creature in the game and will instant kill you if you can't get out of the way

So lots of health but the only attack it can do is a Lock on attack so you just have to make sure you keep dodging it (hard on enclosed levels I know) (looks like Well I giant Rhino) (or a Caffeine Happy Pyramid head)
(nickname: Spear)

Boss Idea 3: a Swam of Bugs That move in a Clan and can Grab you like Clots only they do more damage and have a lot of health (and can't Score a head shot on them obviously) They can also move across the walls

and an idea I had was that there would be 1 swam for every player in the game and if the swam bump into each other they merge and form a bigger swam
(looks like the Scarabs in the Mummy) (also Firebug would deal Bonus Damage to them) (nickname: The Black Ground)

Boss Idea 4: a Shiva like Scrake it has 6-8 arms all with a Chainsaw and it also Goes invisible like Stalkers (looks like: Well Shiva Crossed with Ash From Army of Darkness) (Commando would have the bonus of being able to see her from further away just like a stalker) (nickname: The Dark God)

Boss Idea 5: a Crawler Fleshpound (yes!) it's basically a Crawler who acts like a Flesh Pound only it moves faster and has more Health (looks like: a Crawler Fleshpound...) (nickname: The Yellow Spider)

Boss Idea 6: Mirror Battle (This one would be Very hard to Do)
The basic Idea is that your hole team Fights your self Zombie Clones of every one on your team and the Clones have the same weapons you're Wielding. if you drop your weapon the Clone drops it's weapon

Boss Idea 7: The Fog Monster
this one would again be hard to do.

the hole map is coverd in fog and you can only see 5 meters in front of you So you can't see where other people are in till you walk into them and the Monster would just Roam around like a Normal monster and attacks people but the team would have trouble fighting it because they can't see each other most of the time

(one importiant fact is that:
at the Beginning of this boss every team member is Teleported to a random location on the map so they don't just sit around the outside of the trader at the start of the round)

you would be able to see the Arrow pointing towards the trader still so the hole team would try and make there way to the trader with out being able to see more then a couple of meters away

(monster looks like: the Husk Really but smoke coming out of his weapon)
(Commando would benefit a tiny bit because he could see the monsters health bar further away then the fog went if he was a high level)
(nickname: Doesn't have one the round just starts with "...")

Also one cool feature of this boss Round would be that every ones Radios would be going Crazy Silent hill Monster style
(in fact this hole round is basically a Silent hill killing Floor idea)

(last one)
Boss idea 8 the Ultimate Screamer

ok Basically... a Flying Siren (just has wings doesn't have to fly) Who Breaths Fire as well as Screams So basically it would be a Stronger husk who also had siren ability's.
(looks like: a Winged Siren with there Eyes on Fire not blacked out)
(Name: Mercy)

Ok one point you might make above is that seeing as some of these bosses have weakness people will just go the class to beat them on the round (I.E every one would just go Firebug on the Black Ground boss)

but he's how you beat it and make the game even more awesome because of it

you have every one of these bosses (+ any more if people can come up with them)

and there Randomly Selected to be one of the 3 bosses in the map

so you'd fight a random 3 bosses every map (with no repeats obviously)

and you didn't find out what the boss was going to be in till after the round had started.

like say the Round starts and it's round 8 there would be a Text coming up on your Screan saying the bosses name but after the trader closed so you couldn't plan for it like you could the Pat.

So what do you think?

Unclean One is broken by medic resistance and would be easy to deal with using headshots.

Rhino: Terribly annoying and aggravating generic boss type ever.

The Black Ground: Actually cool. I like it.

The Dark God: Again cool concept.

The Yellow Spider: Terribly annoying to deal with crawlers at close range anyway so let's make it worse.

Mirror Battle: Just no. Broken and poor boss type.

The Fog Monster: Another annoying boss. How do you expect to defeat him? And on dark maps I doubt you could see anything at all.

Ultimate Screamer: Cool concept, terrible execution. Firebug owns because of fire resistance. Sirens are annoying enough as it is and fighting one as a boss would be doubly so.

As for the long 25 gametype you can make or request a spawn based map to do this or set it up for 15 waves in sandbox.

Upvote 0
Boss Idea 2: a Zombie Rhino (Bare With me!) Who like the Husk locks on to it's target when it attacks but it charges faster then any other Creature in the game and will instant kill you if you can't get out of the way

instant kill bosses are a big no-no when your mobility is as limited as it in KF. you can only move slowly out of the way. you can't dodge at the last minute or even dash or sprint to get to cover. this thing would wipe the entire team instantly.

if this was jedi academy and you could just triple flip over the boss with ease, then it wouldn't be a problem.

speaking of which, when is somebody going to mod a lightsaber and force powers into kf? i want to use force lightning on clots dammit.

Upvote 0
Good concept, but sorry, not liking it. 25 waves would be excruciatingly long. It can take well over an hour to play a 10-wave game. A 25-waver would be a multiple-hour thing that could be ended with ONE bad round at wave 20...

yeah honestly I don't think my monitor would survive the thrashing and flailing that would commence should I make it wave 24 and then lose.

Upvote 0
Good concept, but sorry, not liking it. 25 waves would be excruciatingly long. It can take well over an hour to play a 10-wave game. A 25-waver would be a multiple-hour thing that could be ended with ONE bad round at wave 20...
Have to agree with this. I like the idea of bosses but 25 waves is just way too long. I think 10 waves is perfect but adding some bosses and one or two more zed types is a welcomed idea.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
of couse they'd been Achievements for this.
It shall be named "I have no life" for spending 8 hours in one game only to fail at wave 23.

It shall be named "I still have no life" for spending 9 hours 30 minutes in one game only to fail at wave 24

It shall be named "I'm not aloud to have a life" for spending 9 hours 31 minutes in order to beat the 25th wave

Upvote 0
It shall be named "I have no life" for spending 8 hours in one game only to fail at wave 23.

It shall be named "I still have no life" for spending 9 hours 30 minutes in one game only to fail at wave 24

It shall be named "I'm not aloud to have a life" for spending 9 hours 31 minutes in order to beat the 25th wave

I like it :D

I was thinking more of the idea that the game didn't end if the squad was all wiped out you just started the next round (or could Vote to Change map) but if the hole team got wiped out you where Eligible for any achievements

Upvote 0

Lets face it, anyone on this forum already has no life :p

I think a better idea is unlimited waves with an increasing number of bigger zeds after wave 10, as well as an endless wave with the trader staying in one spot and is always open for business, discussed here.
---

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Lets face it, anyone on this forum already has no life :p
not really...take me for example...got an 8-5 job...a woman(a gaming one at that! xP)...and do go out a couple times a week...i'd say it qualifies as a life? :D but I don't exactly have 8+ hours to spend a day...I may have 5 hours if i push it...and well...i'd have the 8+ on weekends if I didn't go out but *shrug* not everyone here has no life ;p

I think a better idea is unlimited waves with an increasing number of bigger zeds after wave 10, as well as an endless wave with the trader staying in one spot and is always open for business, discussed here.
I think that's a worse idea...you'd be invincible...just camp out near the trader and just run over everything forever....oh look damage perk maxed in one game...:rolleyes:

Upvote 0