• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design Delist BioticsLab or Relist Doom2-Final

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sort of. If I am not mistaken TWI are minority shareholders in Alex Inc.

Nope, Alex is his own World of Xen (as opposed to Cloud Cuckoo Land).

:D

And for the record, pretty much every map has a "safe spot" if you look hard enough. At the end of the day, in all the games i've played, lots of people play KF very differently, that's the beauty of it.

Upvote 0
I think you should just let TW do their job and quit wineing cause you cant lvl easy on doom. maybe now you will get some skill and you wont have to camp anymore.

It seems as though you just joined this forums so you can complain about biotics.

And practically saying HAHA cause of an infraction is not cool

@dextronaut: (That's what you get for tl;dr.)

Greg if you want a map with no camp spot, play Aspen Manor. Or wait a few days for CandleSmoke

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I think you should just let TW do their job and quit wineing cause you cant lvl easy on doom. maybe now you will get some skill and you wont have to camp anymore.

It seems as though you just joined this forums so you can complain about doom.

And practically saying HAHA cause of an infraction is not cool

I got the impression his main complaint was about the whitelisting process, which I'm sure we can all agree is a joke. So long as there isn't obvious, zeds can't get through static mesh to get to players but players can shoot through the static mesh, levelling involved, it gets the tick. No matter how easy camp spots are, or how many weapons are spawned in those camping spots. Or how long hallways are for players to snipe zeds from a distance.

Anyway what am I saying you guys know this. What was I saying? Oh yes, give OP a break. He took a long time to get to his point so people misunderstand him based on the thread title and first paragraph.

Upvote 0
Yeah, getting confused in BioticsLab can't possibly have anything to do with the four (or is it five?) different stairways that connect the hallways into some kind of weird three-floor loop in which every place that isn't the U-room or that godawful cramped T-junction looks basically the same as every other place.

*shakes head*

sorry but i cant take you seriously. anyone who writes a mountain of text explaining the virtues of that doom map, yet cant find their way around bioticslab is in need of psychiatic help.

that doom map had problems. and everyone loved the map only because it was easy. the maps being fixed and it will be back on the whitelist soon so in the meantime try to not get your panties in a bunch.

Upvote 0
sorry but i cant take you seriously. anyone who writes a mountain of text explaining the virtues of that doom map, yet cant find their way around bioticslab is in need of psychiatic help.

that doom map had problems. and everyone loved the map only because it was easy. the maps being fixed and it will be back on the whitelist soon so in the meantime try to not get your panties in a bunch.
If you had been paying attention all this time, you'd realize that my post was not about how great D2F is, it was about how the problems it has are the same problems BioticsLab has, minus the twisty maze of corridors, all alike. I think they are both good maps, I just like BL less because it is easy to get lost in. Other than that, they're pretty much mechanically identical. The U-room is not any harder to hold than any of the places in D2F, and the only thing that made D2F any different at all was the elevator, which I have never observed to be the huge gamebreaker everyone says it is.

To reiterate, my original post and this thread are not about trying to get D2F relisted. If it stays off, I really don't care, because I'll just go back to it when I'm all sixed up. This is about inconsistency and lack of clarity in the whitelisting process, a need for more robust map design, and the inability of the enemies as they currently are to deal with certain types of defense. I think that's probably about the fourth time I've said that now. Pay attention or go away.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Other than that, they're pretty much mechanically identical. The U-room is not any harder to hold than any of the places in D2F, and the only thing that made D2F any different at all was the elevator, which I have never observed to be the huge gamebreaker everyone says it is.

Doom2 - Straight line of about 50 meters with nothing spawning behind you
Biotics U room - welded door to the side, spawns directly in front of you, if the door breaks to the right you die.

Where did you get your engineering degree? I see no mechanical similarity.

Reactions: Discoisntdead
Upvote 0
D2F doesn't have anything but the blue room or the elevator (which has been fixed in a new version) where nothing spawns behind you. Crawlers and stalkers can get to you everywhere else, and if they aren't kept in check, they can turn your meat grinder into a desperate situation. This is why farming D2F, just like farming BL or any other map, requires competent teamwork. If you have that, the door in the U-room is not going to break, and the stuff that spawns up close won't even be able to turn the corner before getting shotgunned. If everyone on the server is actually paying attention to what's going on, the U-room is just as unassailable as D2F's blue room for pretty much exactly the same reasons. That is why, in terms of game mechanics, they are similar.

Upvote 0
I dont see why this thread is still going. Like it really matters.....Personaly im getting tired of this thread, so let me end it for you.

Let me just put it this way. The goal of the white list is not to keep maps out that you can exploit, or hold. Its to take the maps out that you can lvl hella ez on. And Doom you can. I have literally stood there with 6 players and stole all their kills with either Firebug or Demo. In fact within about 2 hours i lvled 2 lvls on demo lvls 4 & 5. And I dont think you can do that in Biolab. I ended up with about 700 kills at the end of wave 6

BUT GUESS WHAT?!!!!!!! Biotics is a challenge sometimes to lvl up on. So therefor its not an Easily exploitable (AKA U room) Map. :D You still die, and that room can go wrong sometimes. I dont think i have ever had even a CHALLENGE in doom. Nor has anyone else.

Other than that, they're pretty much mechanically identical.

Now we are just fibbing.

Wow, why dont you take a look in the editor, then say that.

Doom is 2 hallways and 3 rooms. Biotics lab is.....man i cant even count in my head. I would have to look at it. Thats how mechanically DISALIKE they are

Last edited:
Upvote 0
So, why exactly is it not possible to level Firebug or Demo in BioticsLab? I can't say I've ever had a problem doing that, so I'm really curious as to what's stopping you. The blue room and the U-room present pretty much the same opportunity for that.

re: mechanical similarity. If you cannot distinguish between the concepts of "size and complexity" and "effective defensive strategy," then I don't know how to help you.

Upvote 0
So, why exactly is it not possible to level Firebug or Demo in BioticsLab? I can't say I've ever had a problem doing that, so I'm really curious as to what's stopping you. The blue room and the U-room present pretty much the same opportunity for that.

re: mechanical similarity. If you cannot distinguish between the concepts of "size and complexity" and "effective defensive strategy," then I don't know how to help you.
have you ever gotten 700 kills on suicidal in biotics wave 6?

Upvote 0
Crawlers and stalkers can get to you everywhere else, and if they aren't kept in check

yeah cuz those pesky crawlers and stalkers have always given me trouble...

:confused: really? that's why you think it's a hard map? how about something like "if you don't keep the fleshpounds that spawn in behind you in check then you'll let the scarkes through the front lines and slaughter your team."

oh wait, there ARE no fleshpounds that spawn behind you. because this map is too easy. durp.

Upvote 0
This thread is stupid. It's two guys who have taken it upon themselves to defend BioticsLab from somebody who's not attacking it and talk about how much more 1337 they are than the OP, preventing everyone else who had anything to say about the topic from engaging in meaningful discussion.

there is no meaningful discussion. many of us have died on bioticslab U room! that map is a challenge. its layout is perfect! doom map on the other hand isnt a challenge, the specimen have trouble finding the players, etc etc etc

the doom map is being fixed, and it will be back on the whitelist so save your essay writing for academics.

Upvote 0
This thread is stupid. It's two guys who have taken it upon themselves to defend BioticsLab from somebody who's not attacking it and talk about how much more 1337 they are than the OP, preventing everyone else who had anything to say about the topic from engaging in meaningful discussion.

dude, you called it a convoluted mess etc etc. so yes, you attacked it.

if knowing how to make my way around biotics makes me 1337 then so be it. i am 1337.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.