• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

lvl5 minimum for suicidal

Basically, playing more is a sign of practice; and practice DOES improve your skill level.

In some cases, yes, but you gotta remember that there are tons of nubbies who go solo, load a "leveling" map and just camp somewhere save from zeds and within a week they have most perks at 4-6. That doesnt mean they would do good in suicidal, or even on hard.

But I agree with you that its always better to have higher perks in suicidal because weapons cost less and they spawn with one. And anything below level 3 would prolly be, uh, a suicide. Altho, if you are a berserker at lvl 4 for example, and are lucky enough to find a weapon in the first wave, you could sell it and buy a katana for the second, right? I cant remember how much it costs for lvl 4..

Upvote 0
Ineffective arguement

Hows that? Every time I open up the server browser early in the moring (being unemployed, but not after next monday) the only suicidal servers that actually have players are the ones with a "leveling" map on. They just spend the whole afternoon fragging zeds without even the slightest chance of being killed. Hows that gonna make you any better?

Upvote 0
Most people don't do that. Even if they did, they'd still learn the mechanics of the game to a sufficient enough level to be competent. Which leveling map are you referring to? Even doom 2 final (no longer white listed) teaches you to aim for the head. Don't get me wrong though, as stated in my first post in this thread I fully support restricting perk levels in servers as well as banning perks and limiting the number of players per class.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Which leveling map are you referring to?

Well I dont remember their names exactly, but there was this map with a huge colosseum and a box in center, basically everyone just camped on top of the box and the zeds couldnt reach you. Then theres this kf-defense or w/e its called, the one with some sort of castle. Hardly a challenge either. There were many other maps just like these two, but I just fail to remember the names because I try to avoid them. Maybe they arent exactly called "leveling maps" but whats the difference.

But I wasnt saying everyone or even most of the players do this. My point was, high perk doesnt necessarily make you good. Maybe you arent a complete noob, having learned the basics and all, but still not good enough for suicidal either.

Ive seen many players with level 6 perks dying in every ****ing wave on suicidal. So, making some sort of perk level requirement wouldnt fix the problem.

Upvote 0
Ive seen many players with level 6 perks dying in every ****ing wave on suicidal. So, making some sort of perk level requirement wouldnt fix the problem.

True. This wouldn't solve that problem, but it would solve the problem of people joining servers where they bite off more than they can chew (and end up leaving the game after they die). It at least weeds out most of the lowbies out there.

Matigas na Etits, people who host servers should also have their options as well. They're hosting with their own resources, so some controllability would not be unreasonable.

Upvote 0
Level 3 and above would sound rather reasonable for suicidal, but lvl 5 and above is too much imo. But I dont know, if server admins want to add a limit then I guess they should be allowed to.. I dont like it, but its their choice.

I think the best solution for now would be making "normal" the default difficulty on the server browser instead of "any difficulty" just like (I think) 9_6 suggested.

Upvote 0
I believe that a minimum requirement of lvl5 to play on suicidal difficulty is a must. Too many times you have a good match going and like 3 lvl0s join, get killed right away, raise the zed count and stats, and cause the rest of the team to die because of being overextended. Make it so you can't even switch to a perk that is not lvl5 on suicidal difficulty on the public servers. Please put a minimum of lvl5 requirement on suicidal public servers!:mad:

I remembered one time at the free weekend, that i was playing alone at farm on suicidal i think, and then 4-5 guys join and they are all lvl 0, and i was like : Great.
Then, all of them die ( obviously ) and there is like 300 zeds or something left, i was berserk so it wasn't that hard.
I killed them all and they were all like : "OMG WTF??!? HAX" and some others were like " OMG he's GOD! ".
I was just laughing at them, it was so funny.

Anything like that happened to any of you?

Upvote 0
Its the elitist's fault, your fault, and the fault of the server admins with
"Level 5+ or kick" as server name.
Quoting myself because quoting myself is awesome.
The reason lowbies grind is simple. Those who end up on a suicidal server because they want to try the hardest difficulty in the game and get kicked by other players because "They're not level 5+" are frustrated. They want to play suicidal but they can't because they're not high level enough.

So they grind. Until they get high level enough to play suicidal.

Another reason is that level 5+ spawn with a gun, which helps a ton in any difficulty (reselling money)

Do you realise what would happen if suicidal was 5+?
Lowbies would grind EVEN more.

Bad idea.

Like somebody said in another thread, best solution would be to change the "Any difficulty" setting being default in the browser to normal/beginner so lowbies are less likely to accidentally get on a suicidal server.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I fully support this idea, but maybe not fix it to level 5 only. Give the server the ability to select what minimum level is required to join the game. If you don't have a perk in that level, spectate all you want. Perk level may not indicate skill, but it certainly indicates time invested in the game. Time indicates some knowledge of the mechanics of the game and tactics that are used. By saying that this isn't true because some people suck at high levels is just lying to yourself, so don't use this argument. Some people want to get their "hard" or "suicidal" achievements without it being spoiled on the last wave because someone joined and disturbs the team's cohesion. In addition to this, I'd fully support letting the server disable certain perks. Even further, let the server limit the number of people per class/perk in a game.
Well said. When you are one wave from your achievement and a couple lvl0s join and you all die, it gets pretty frustrating. If we could at least have some servers with a lvl5 cap I would be happy. Let people that don't mind lvl0s joining join other servers. This would be a fair way to make everyone happy. Some suicidal servers with a lvl5 cap and some without.

Upvote 0
Perk levels allows to player to make more damage or have better bonuses compared to low level players.

But meh. Allow level 0 players to play suicidal. They paid for the game. They should be able to play any difficulty on the get go.
Well, they paid for the game so they should start with lvl6 perks then too right? What you said makes about as much sense.

Upvote 0
Level 3 and above would sound rather reasonable for suicidal, but lvl 5 and above is too much imo. But I dont know, if server admins want to add a limit then I guess they should be allowed to.. I dont like it, but its their choice.

I think the best solution for now would be making "normal" the default difficulty on the server browser instead of "any difficulty" just like (I think) 9_6 suggested.
I believe what we need are choices. Let the admins cap it where they please. Have some with lvl3, lvl5, whatever the admin likes. Then there would be a choice. I can guarantee you that a lot of people with lvl5 up would be playing those servers. Sounds like fun to me!

Upvote 0
I remembered one time at the free weekend, that i was playing alone at farm on suicidal i think, and then 4-5 guys join and they are all lvl 0, and i was like : Great.
Then, all of them die ( obviously ) and there is like 300 zeds or something left, i was berserk so it wasn't that hard.
I killed them all and they were all like : "OMG WTF??!? HAX" and some others were like " OMG he's GOD! ".
I was just laughing at them, it was so funny.

Anything like that happened to any of you?
Ya, I have carried the whole team many times but since the free weekend it has gotten a lot harder to do that. You won't win on suicidal with you and 5 lvl0s. I can guarantee you that!

Upvote 0
Quoting myself because quoting myself is awesome.
The reason lowbies grind is simple. Those who end up on a suicidal server because they want to try the hardest difficulty in the game and get kicked by other players because "They're not level 5+" are frustrated. They want to play suicidal but they can't because they're not high level enough.

So they grind. Until they get high level enough to play suicidal.

Another reason is that level 5+ spawn with a gun, which helps a ton in any difficulty (reselling money)

Do you realise what would happen if suicidal was 5+?
Lowbies would grind EVEN more.

Bad idea.

Like somebody said in another thread, best solution would be to change the "Any difficulty" setting being default in the browser to normal/beginner so lowbies are less likely to accidentally get on a suicidal server.
I disagree. Even if they grind, they will learn how to play the game. I believe that having a mix of some suicidal servers with a lvl5 minimum and some without would solve the problem. You would think that dying all the time would be enough to discourage people from playing on suicidal but I guess some people are gluttons for punishment.

Upvote 0
You do realize you can quote multiple people in the same post, right? And only quote what is necessary for getting the point across. Quintuple posting...sigh.

I believe what we need are choices. Let the admins cap it where they please.
And what is the choice for the players? Level or don't play? This accentuates the already vast difference between being low and high levels.

As say before many people who join suicidal with low perk levels do so because they don't realize what they are doing. A warning message and default difficulty filter would easily solve most of the issues you bring up.

Oh, and grinding doesn't teach you how to play the game. It teaches you how to grind while giving you a rudimentary understanding of the workings of the game.

Upvote 0
I would agree that a player who doesn't have any level 5 perks is more often than not ill-equipped for Suicidal.
Nice way to put it. A character below lvl5 is not equipped to be successful on suicidal. Also, another way to solve this issue is to make some suicidal servers lvl5^ only while others can be open suicidal servers. I can guess what server all the lvl5s^ will be playing on.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I disagree. Even if they grind, they will learn how to play the game.

Erm, how exactly do they learn to survive by sitting on top of a box while shooting zeds who cant even attack you?

You do realize you can quote multiple people in the same post, right? And only quote what is necessary for getting the point across. Quintuple posting...sigh.

Indeed...

Upvote 0
I wouldnt mind having the option to restrict access to my servers by perk level. I dont agree it should be mandated by TWI for any reason. Dont know if i would even use it. Sometimes when playing Poundamonium with level 2 players it gets frustrating. Other times I think its fun.

Honostly, i would rather play with level 1 players who work as a team, then Mr. Perky wannabes who hide in a corner with their medic friend. That really irks me. Because at least the level 1 players are trying, while the level 5 guys only care about leveling up. Which is how they probably got to level 5, instead of enjoying the game and letting the perks come to them.

I would rather have the option to restrict Mr. Perky wannabes from my servers.

Last edited:
Upvote 0