• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Steam won't download Killing Floor

FenwayFan25

Oct 22, 2009
This is a problem with steam (I think). I didn't play it for like a month, then when i went to play it, it just stopped working. I did the "Verify integrity of the game cache" and it still didn't work. I noticed that it said "Fragmentation: unknown." I clicked on defrag and it said that i should run a whole system defrag, I did, but it still wouldn't work. Then i decided I would "delete local content" and when I did that it said, "You don not have enough disk space to run this game." What? I'm deleting it, how do i not have room to delete it? It still went to NOT INSTALLED. Then when i tried to re-download it, it said the steam servers where busy, I have proved this wrong by downloading other stuff. I deleted all the program files for it too. HELP!

maybe you still got some files from the game left which prevents you from reinstalling it, i had the same problems with borderlands after i tried to reinstall it.

Deinstall the Killing Floor entry with "windows installer clean up" , reboot install the game via steam and you are done!

http://windows-installer-clean-up.softonic.de/download

i hope this will help you.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
maybe you still got some files from the game left which prevents you from reinstalling it, i had the same problems with borderlands after i tried to reinstall it.

Deinstall the Killing Floor entry with "windows installer clean up" , reboot install the game via steam and you are done!

http://windows-installer-clean-up.softonic.de/download

i hope this will help you.
This didn't work :(

Anyone else have any ideas?

Upvote 0
Reboot your PC in safe mode, delete clientregistry.blob from your steam folder, restart steam and download.

That didn't work either. I don't know if this will help, but it says it only needs 221mb for the download and I'm pretty sure thats not the right size. I sent a message to steam, hopefully they might help.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The one thing i was wondering about that is, would that delete all my games? I just want to know because I wouldn't want to do that and possibly lose all my games.

Maybe you know, but as I see nowdays (mostly with new users) there are a lot of players who don't...

You cannot lose any of your games what are on your Steam account! If you delete everything, or your HD dies and/or set a new one, you only need to sign in again in your Steam account and you can download all your games. Your stats, achievements will remain too.

Upvote 0
Sounds more like your operating system is malfunctioning, instead of steam. You may just need to reconsider a reformatting. It's not that hard to do, just put all your absolutely crucial stuff on a flashdrive or disk, then boots from a windows disk you have for your PC. Reformat the partition and install freshly on it. Redownload all your drivers and update windows fully. Then put your stuff back on, download steam, redownload KF. When's the last time you reformatted? I'd recommend a full wipe every 6-8 months.

Upvote 0
Sounds more like your operating system is malfunctioning, instead of steam. You may just need to reconsider a reformatting. It's not that hard to do, just put all your absolutely crucial stuff on a flashdrive or disk, then boots from a windows disk you have for your PC. Reformat the partition and install freshly on it. Redownload all your drivers and update windows fully. Then put your stuff back on, download steam, redownload KF. When's the last time you reformatted? I'd recommend a full wipe every 6-8 months.

Okay, first, I've never formatted, and second, theirs no way I'm gonna do that.

Upvote 0
Well then I'm sorry but you'll probably just have to live with it. Your OS isnt properly handling installations/uninstallations. It takes maybe one evening to reformat, and if you've never reformatted and your PC is over a year old, then youre due. Cant come blaming TWI or Steam for issues that are caused by your PC.

Its definitely steam, it happened by itself. I didn't do anything to break it (like uninstall it).I guess i just have to wait to see what steam has to say.

Upvote 0