• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

KF is BEAUTIFUL! xD

o_O KF IS SOOO BEAUTIFUL! My Asus G51vx-rx05 just arrived and O.O! KF is sooo beautiful in max settings. (I was previously playing on total minimum and still lagging.. xD)

I don't see why people complain that this game has sub-par graphics. o_O

And anyone cares in any way because???
Post useful things don't just post how your epic new computer came in and you run the game on high settings. Do something useful. Oh and KF on max settings is nothing to brag about I do it with around 50fps on my geforce 8200m laptop ok? Its not impressive at all. Oh and by the way. If you think KF on high looks good for todays standards whoa man just whoa they did a good job and all but it isn't anything compared to crysis, modern warfare 2, even l4d2 for gods sake that game is super low requirements too. Anyway SEMI-decent computer. Its a nice laptop but the processor is very low end by todays standards. Other than that the whole overall thing is great.

Last edited:
Reactions: kero24
Upvote 0
I care
Post useful things don't just post how your epic new computer came in and you run the game on high settings. Do something useful.
Wow dude, you're coming off pretty rude. Let this dude have his fun, he just got a new computer! I'm pretty sure you'd be excited upgrading from a POS to something that can actually play games at max settings.

And yeah, I think the game looks good by today's standards. It's crisp and clear, and easy to have full AA w/ vertical sync enabled.

Oh and KF on max settings is nothing to brag about I do it with around 50fps on my geforce 8200m laptop ok? Its not impressive at all.
I seriously doubt you are "maxing" this game with a 8200m. Actually, a post you used in the forum before backs this up:

ZeRo_InSaNiTy said:
I game on a compaq presario with a geforce 8200m thats overclocked abit. A 1.9ghz amd athlon dual core processor,2gb of ram. That processor was for my all around PC but it has a geforce 6600 card :(. Anyway I play at 1024x768 resolution but my native res is 1200x800 but it lowers my frames alot.
1024x768 resolution is hardly called "maxing" a game out. Plus, you even noted that you suffer from a noticeable frame loss by jumping to 1200x800, which is still a low resolution. The 8200m is a WEAK card, and even if OCed would not handle KF well at higher resolutions with a good amount of AA on.

So don't get pissy about someone who's just happy to finally have a good machine. IMO you sound jealous.

To the TC, congrats man! This game looks beautiful when maxed! Happy gaming!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
since we're comparing e-peni,

core i5 750 overclocked @ 4.01 ghz
2gig 1600mhz CL7
ati 4890

Runs on my 23" Samsung @ 1900 x 1080 with everything on max and never a drop in fps. Oh and I earned this...up until last month I was playing on a GT6800 at min settings - its a whole new game now and its nice not to die just because your fps dropped.

Now I'm just waiting for a new PC game that isn't made for consoles to show me whose boss...although Crysis can still make just about any system cry.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Post useful things don't just post how your epic new computer came in and you run the game on high settings. Do something useful. Oh and KF on max settings is nothing to brag about I do it with around 50fps on my geforce 8200m laptop ok? Its not impressive at all. Oh and by the way. If you think KF on high looks good for todays standards whoa man just whoa they did a good job and all but it isn't anything compared to crysis, modern warfare 2, even l4d2 for gods sake that game is super low requirements too. Anyway SEMI-decent computer. Its a nice laptop but the processor is very low end by todays standards. Other than that the whole overall thing is great.

dude, you are officially the biggest dickhead to ever grace this forum.

Upvote 0
@Zero

I was just commenting on how good KF looked. If you don't like it, don't read it or respond. No need to be rude.

@Driftwood - Dang you have a nice system! xD Mind sharing the price?

@avp - Definitely true. I like the rough, hard-core feel of KF's engine vs those new "shiny-games". Hehe.

Upvote 0

Your right.

But don't forget that it was all made on a old engine.

Upvote 0
Actually I think crysis and l4d look too clean and unrealistic. COD looks good but I prefer the feel of the unreal games because you can create a really creepy dark & demonic place that games like COD just can't manage.

Even this old engine can create some environments that the above mentioned just can't.

Oh god l4d looks like garbage but CRYSIS LOOKS UNREALISTIC? Crysis looks completely realistic in like every way but sadly it is the worst playing experience ever. Crysis is more of a computer benchmarking tool than a game IMO.

Upvote 0
compaq computer made me lulz!

I think what Alex and Tripwire have done with an older engine is great. The "faked" bump mapping really makes this game pop compared to UT2k4.

Oh most definitly like if you get close to a texture in killing floor it doesnt turn into pixelated vomit like HL2. I especially love the animations and model for the beretta. Hey guys this is off topic but I just got to thinking. WHERE DID KROTZ GO?? SUPER TROLL IS GONE!!! WHERE IS HE???

Crysis is a benchmarking tool with over 9000 parallax maps.
Crysis runs in it's own universe, causing ultimate lulz and lag.
And modern warfare 2 looks crap compared to KF.
srsly.

They both look quite good but IMHO MW2 is better textured than KF but its running on a NEXT GENERATION ENGINE DUN DUN. Also MW2 has better animations for characters but as I said NEXT GENERATION ENGINE! I look at KF and I wonder how amazing RO HoS will look. On another note UE is very flawed in the sense that its extremely CPU intensive and not very GPU intensive. It just annoys me that it doesn't use your GPU to its full potential.
Also does anyone know when the GTX 300 cards will come out? I was gunna use a GTX 260-216 on my computer but if the GTX 300 come out then the GTX 285 will drop in price.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Lolno.
They've been using the same engine for ever.
applying more fake graphical features every CoD game so far.

Acually cod4 was on IW 3 which was an EXTREMELY MODDED Doom3 engine. I used to map for it. But IW 4.0 isnt a modded version of another engine its a completely new one. Well somewhat. Its built off of IW 3 so its like the source engine which was built off of an engine that was a modded quake engine. Have any trailers or teasers come out for RO HoS?

Upvote 0
They both look quite good but IMHO MW2 is better textured than KF but its running on a NEXT GENERATION ENGINE DUN DUN. Also MW2 has better animations for characters but as I said NEXT GENERATION ENGINE!

Its not the quality of the textures that makes them stand out, even though KF textures are top notch. MW2s engine supports proper bump mapping and definitely has more advanced lighting techniques than UE2. If you were to take the KF textures, not that I intend on doing so, and put them in UDK (UE3.5 engine) with real bump maps they would be on par with any brand new game on a new engine.

Upvote 0