• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

The Dreaded "T" Key

Kale

Grizzled Veteran
May 16, 2009
I can't say how many time I will be in the middle of a mob of zeds, go to reload and hit "T" by mistake usually killing me. I have quite a few friends this also has happened to. Have any of you fallen victim to it?

Also, I know that T is regulate chat and y is team chat. Why is there a need of team chat?

I can't say how many time I will be in the middle of a mob of zeds, go to reload and hit "T" by mistake usually killing me. I have quite a few friends this also has happened to. Have any of you fallen victim to it?

Also, I know that T is regulate chat and y is team chat. Why is there a need of team chat?

HAHA...I feel your pain man. I've done that SEVERAL times. Then after the person dies you see this big message that looks something like this:

"dwadwasawadawdawwwdawdwdawdawrfeferfa" - A tell tale sign that the "Dreaded T Key" has struck again.

You don't even know that you've hit it either....until its too late.

Upvote 0
HAHA...I feel your pain man. I've done that SEVERAL times. Then after the person dies you see this big message that looks something like this:

"dwadwasawadawdawwwdawdwdawdawrfeferfa" - A tell tale sign that the "Dreaded T Key" has struck again.

Same, I always think I froze or something and never realize it till is see that chat at the bottom of the screen.

Upvote 0
I just use the default Valve keys. Y for chat and U for teamchat.

Consider yourself lucky TWI mapped the scoreboard to Tab instead of F1. Back in the Ut2k4 days, tab opened the console which is the same thing as the "Dreaded T key" but worse. You got to hit esc twice to get rid of it.

Upvote 0
I get the same issue with the tilde key - and I tried but reassigning it didnt work!
I still dont know if there is a difference between team and non-team chat in KF - I just thought it was a game engine vestigial feature.

no there isn't, and yes it is, kind of pointless really. imo they should have disabled team chat for kf, admins can't see it unless you enable a certain function in a certain mutator, since the default webadmin does not view team chat and there's no option to reveal it. must have been a balance decision, but useless when there is only one team.

lol, this teaches players to pay attention to chat messages, cracks me up every time someone dies like that.

Upvote 0

hahahaha yes! This happens to me too. Also the thing with the console key. Just very occasionally though and its my own fault. No need in really making a thread about it OP.

Upvote 0
I don't see how it's that big a problem.
R is right above my D key, it's impossible to miss it.

For me I'm a 6 foot 1-3 inch guy and my hands are MASSIVE. Just my index finger goes 1/4 to 1/3 the way across my keyboard. So for a key that it less than a quarter of an inch away from R, its a somewhat high possibility I'll hit it in frantic panic or by accident.

Upvote 0
sometimes thats the only way to do it, hell i know with most of my weapons i don't reload until im out of ammo in the clip. That is only because if i don't kill them midway through the clip, im putting as much damage as possible into them before they kill me(usually play hard suicidal or normal poundamonium).

also i rarely do this amazingly... i do often though drop my cash when trying to to talk since i have chat bound to v. I have done this though in poundamonium.... entire team was cracking up when i hit enter and it was some bizzare letters...

Upvote 0