• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

The next KF update hopes and dreams thread

Balancing and adding function/diversity to the arrangement of Berserker weapons. Each weapon should operate in a unique fashion rather than just being a "sharper sword". As of right now, an often complained problem, is that there is no reason to have anything else other than a Katana as the Berserker.

+1 Firebug Love
+1 Sharpshooter/XBow Tweaking

Upvote 0
One thing I saw was the suggestion that the L.A.W. needs to be in the demo perk. I believe this needs to happen, it definitely isn't for Support Spec. and the demo perk actually does enhance it.

The one problem with it is the fact that it's the ONLY weapon you can carry, so I suggest to drop the weight of the L.A.W. by 1, allowing players to carry the L.A.W. and pipe bombs.

A buff for the L.A.W. would also help cause apparently the xbow is the best weapon in the game. I don't see how a xbow can be more devastating than an effing rocket launcher. I think if someone shot me with an rocket launcher, I probably wouldn't be coming back for second helpings...

Upvote 0
New enemies and weapons are always nice but personally I'd love
a) New game mode
B) Leaderboards
C) Matchmaking / group forming system.

For a new game mode, I'd like something that requires players to move around instead of holing up at the end of some corridor. Maybe something like rescuing a few hostages each round? If you don't get to them in time, the hostage dies... lose too many hostages and your team gets some sort of disadvantage, like the trader's gear becomes a lot more expensive or something.

Leaderboards would just be fun. Your team gets a score if they survive, where the score is based on: Damage taken, money gained, money spent, bullets fired and so on. The best possible score you can get means nobody dies, nobody takes damage, every bullet counts and you scavenge every weapon and sold them for the maximum money.

Match making/group forming would be great. Instead of joining a random game in the middle of a wave, or having someone drop OUT in the middle of a wave, or having a level 2 firebug join the suicidal server, it'd be nice if you could form a 6-man team BEFORE you start, based off your perk levels, achievements earned and time played, and then go try something challenging.
A great way to get this started is to force everyone to join the Official Killing Floor chatroom on steam, that way you can post a message if anyone wants to do suicidal and try to form a group quick... all while playing on your own in solo or something (or you're not even in kf :D)

Balancing and adding function/diversity to the arrangement of Berserker weapons. Each weapon should operate in a unique fashion rather than just being a "sharper sword". As of right now, an often complained problem, is that there is no reason to have anything else other than a Katana as the Berserker.

+1 Firebug Love
+1 Sharpshooter/XBow Tweaking
Oh yeah I made a nice post about that on steam forums, suggesting that each melee weapon gets an alternate ability. For example, axe could get a 'block' ability, which allows you to take 1/2 damage from the next attack. Or the chainsaw gets a 'sweep' ability, which attacks all zombies in front of you in one click, making it useful at killing a group of clots quickly. Make the machete throwable, and you have to go pick it up. The new 'ability' can either replace the alt+fire each weapon has or it can be bound to the "iron sights" key, since melee weapons have no iron sights :D

Last edited:
Upvote 0
some kind of flying enemy.

Brilliant idea. Best unique idea in this topic. They would probably be as annoying as the crawler and maybe add some much needed difficulty back into hard.

I like the idea of a riot shield too. If you think about it under the circumstances of a zombie apocalypse there would probably be some rioting before the **** hit the fan so riot shields would have been ripe for the trader to gather up after the apocalypse.

The xbow is awesome and should be left as it is (though maybe not so strong with non-sharpshooters - or maybe a decreased accuracy so less chance of headshot?). It is the only gun making Suicidal possible in the later stages.

Giving LAW to demo would also be a good idea. The gun is never used at the moment.

Also liked the Flare gun for firebug! but it actually works as an actual flare gun so you can identify where you are to others from far away ??

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I would love to see more PVP gametypes or at least one added: deathmatch, arena master, team arena master, or control point/Onslaught.

I've noticed that many of the UT2k4 Deathmatch and other gametype scripts are in the Killing Floor source code just not being used. Maybe it wouldnt be all that much work?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
- Decreased Sharpshooter reload speed bonus
Current reload speed is just insane imho... it's like SS can shoot always at everything with max efficiency.

- M14 EBR maximum side clips lowered to 5 or so
Would reduce that damn EBR spam and make EBR users actually aim their shots.

- Reduced Xbow penetration and less headshot damage (penetrating up to 3 clots, killing the first, and 2 shotting an FP by hitting the head - suicidal, level 6 SS)
Xbow penetration makes a bit too much crowd control. 1shotkilling FPs makes it plain overpowered.

- M79 and M32 with timed grenades: they set off a 1-2 sec timer by the time they bounce
So that they don't have anymore that "INSTANT uberdamage on area" thing and would act more as area denial (shoot behind a corner?).

- Pipebombs become remote explosives and can be set off one by one (pressing 4 brings up the trigger)
So that Demomen can't just spam them, forget them and get 100 kills in the following 2 minutes.

- A bit lower explosive resistance for Demoman
Just a bit.

- Chainsaw brought back to its glory
Really.

- New weapon for firebug: fireball launcher (area, high impact damage, burns the ground)
So we have a tier 3 weapon, something more viable against bigger foes and something ACTUALLY different from grenades/flamer.

- LAW: still a support weapon, its rockets can penetrate soft targets like clots, stalkers and crawlers instakilling them. Explosion radius is decreased but epicenter damage is MUCH higher. Damage bonus from Demoman is decreased.
Why support: it's more a "big guy weapon" instead of a mob control one and it acts as long range support. :D
It should be the best option against FPs, followed by an Xbow in a level 6 SS hands.

My little thoughts, can't think of anything else right now. ^^

But, overall:

- more balance between perks, so in an ideal world you need to depend on each other more

Seriously. :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I agree, give the LAW a support damage bonus since he's the only one that can really carry it anyway. smaller blast radius and larger epicenter damage for single target effectiveness would also be good, should take down a fp in 2 shots on hard, an alternative to AA12.

I also agree about cutting the M14 clip number drastically, at least by a third. The SCAR could also do with fewer clips, after all, we're talking about big a$$ bullets here, so you shouldn't be able to carry as many clips as you can with the AK (with the bullpup you get an extra 100 rounds). The main problem is the M14, I've never seen someone run out of EBR ammo despite getting tons of kills, it's just ridiculous.

Agree, the M32 could also do with a bit less ammo.
Agree, nerf xbow slightly so non-SS can't 1-shot scrakes and fps on Hard.
Agree, buff chainsaw.
Agree, let alt-fire be set to a different button (right-click) for melee weapons than guns.
Make alt-fire attack for katana and axe a penetration/multi-strike attack and/or create a new tier 3 zerk weapon with multi-strike.

Incendiary Handcanon ammo and/or flaregun that burns white-hot and does double flamethrower damage to single targets (scrakes, fps).

These would be excellent gameplay balancing updates, but for a major facelift-style update, create a Permanent Perk system where high-level perks grant you subtle boosts regardless of perk selected. This idea discussed here (Suggestion 2). Easy to implement.

A more ambitious (but awesome) idea is increasing zerk movement and attack speed during zed time, making him move noticeably faster than the other players.

Also, give zerk a bigger movement speed and dmg resistance boost as his health drops, increasing his effective range and survivability.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Though we already have PLENTY weapons, I'd say a couple more can't really hurt. Only so long as there are even more maps, another new enemy or two or another gamemode or something. I also might be the only person to speculate that adding more player voices wouldn't really be so difficult since it was already a feature in Unreal 04?

Upvote 0
People are talking about firebug tier 2-3 weapons and have suggested M 202 FLASH rocketlauncher. (Mee too) But That would be too op, because it burns something like 1200 C and would do a huge damage againts anything. (+ It has four rockets loaded and they can be launched all by one. Four huge rockets at once!)

Wikipedia has told me that LAW and FLASH has a same calibre ammo (I don't remember what. 76mm rocket or somenthing) So why don't we made LAW to be Firebugs tier 2-3 weapon? It would make huge flame damage and its prize 1500

Upvote 0
I agree on most of the suggestions, and I got some of my own. I think it's too bad that berserber was the only perk, who didn't actualy got a new weapon at th big update. I'd' love to see a "everyday" meelee weapon, which would only be able to pick an not bought at the trader. Something like Baseball bat or a slots hammer..

Or lilke the other said. Molotov to firebug.

I would love a "scout* related snope sniper to Sharp.

Something like Sub machineguns to Supporter? Would fit good.

And C4 for the Demo so you can self detonate :D

Barricade for the Medic would be the most awsome gift.

And something like "an Aura" the commando gives. Like courage and so on. so they like run faster. stronger armor(fighting will) or more dmg. :D

Upvote 0
Petition for removing dedicate sv support and adding TWINet, anyone?

I would ditch this game in a second if it didnt have dedicated server support. Without dedicated servers you would only be able to play the maps and mods that TWI decides to put up.

I will never buy a game without dedicated server support and if that were ever added to Killing Floor I would like my money back.

Upvote 0
- Decreased Sharpshooter reload speed bonus
Current reload speed is just insame imho... it's like SS can shoot always at everything with max efficiency.

- M14 EBR maximum side clips lowered to 5 or so
Would reduce that damn EBR spam and make EBR users actually aim their shots.

- Reduced Xbow penetration and less headshot damage (penetrating up to 3 clots, killing the first, and 2 shotting an FP by hitting the head - suicidal, level 6 SS)
Xbow penetration makes a bit too much crowd control. 1shotkilling FPs makes it plain overpowered.
:)

The first two I agree with, but with one caveat for the first one- only for the Tier 3 weapons i.e the EBR and Crossbow

The EBR does need less ammo.

I completely disagree with the third one though.
Reduced Xbow penetration and less headshot damage (penetrating up to 3 clots, killing the first, and 2 shotting an FP by hitting the head - suicidal, level 6 SS)

I agree with the fact that the crossbow should have reduced penetration. Skulls do tend to have some resistance.

But less headshot damage? ITS A FRICKING SHARPSHOOTER- You're supposed to be REWARDED FOR AIMING FOR THE HEAD. You also forget the primary drawback of the crossbow- its massive weight and limited ammo. You'd be dependent on your teammates for taking out mobs. Its the M14 EBR thats OP, leave the crossbow's damage with sharpshooter perk alone.

I remember multiple times in several maps pre-patch and after patch: When using the crossbow with dual 9mms, when I didnt conserve ammo by firing at the big guys Husk, Siren, FP, Scrakes, I often ran out quickly.
Reduced damage for perks OTHER than sharpshooter w/ crossbow I can agree with though.

I agree with pretty much everything else though.

Upvote 0
1) The disarm distance is a feature meant to keep you from blowing yourself up, it also exists in the real world versions of those weapons
2) On hard servers, and some normal, most people get the T3 weapons around wave 5 or 6, which is right about where they should be.
3) How can you reconcile a carbon steel shaft piercing something's skull and not finishing it off? Every game needs an AWP and the crossbow is it. The 40 bolt ammo max means that if you are playing normal or above, you have to ration your shots and save them for things like Scrakes and FPs. It's a situational weapon, and keep in mind you can't carry any other weapon with it aside from the defaults.
i get my teir 3 weapon at the first trader round, perhaps the second if im a bit slow, heck the m14 is 749$, so if i start with a sharpie i get 300 from selling xbow and the starting 100, meaning i only have to actually 'make' 349$ in the first round, thats not all that much. even easier in hard where you get a starting 250, meaning you only have to make 199 ....

Upvote 0
- on weapon-change don't change to empty handcannons or other empty weapons.

this happens to me a lot. i empty the handcannons, play with my mainweapon again and switch to my pistols in a hectic situation and *bam* i have the empty handcannons in my hands.

also there is a bug with the view. i dont know if anyone has reported it before: after a lot of frentic weaponchanges when i change my weapon one last time (doesn't matter to which) the view is like when aiming but slightly off. i have to re-hit the aim-button to switch to "un-aim" and back again to aim to get the view right.
in very rare occasions (one in a hundred) my crosshair and weapon are totally out of focus. it's like the character holds the weapon 45 degree to the left instead to center. weaponchange and aim-unaim helps after a while to fix this.

Upvote 0