• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Get rid of health friendly health bars and UI tweaks

Johnyfive

Grizzled Veteran
Aug 27, 2009
Does anyone know of a way to get rid of friendly health bars? I know there's a screenshot mode which disables ALL of the HUD but is there a way to just remove health and armor bars?

Or if someone is really savvy; is there a way to put them UNDER the friendly player? They're generally in the way in my opinion.

And if there's someone out there with some tricks and tips on the HUD at large I'd bet there's more than just me who'd like to know more, even if it's just a link to a resource to do our own research.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
At minimum resolution, the health bars will block most of your vision where you need it if you're in the back of a formation. They're right in the way and needlessly large.

Maybe an option to put the health bars in the tab player/score list thing?
Or scale them down proportionately with resolution?

Upvote 0
Yea...sometimes it can get hard to see past all that hud when there's a few folks in front of ya...

I wish it were an adjustable size, cause I'd cram that slider bar down to minimum.

But you're a berserker. For us medics, we've gotta see that stuff. I'd like them smaller so I could see everyone's without an overlap, but it's just impossible. If we cram them down, then when they're far away they'd have to get proportionately smaller, making them invisible.

I don't even see a point to this comment, but I've already typed it so I'll just add it.

Good idea, I guess.

Upvote 0
The health bars are already scalable, and for whatever reason that option is tied to text size, smaller text also means smaller health bars. I'm not sure why the thread got moved to the Ideas and Suggestions forum, the OP was a question as to whether a keybind or an .ini change could hide health bars, or would a mutator need to be created and whitelisted. Obviously a mutator would be able to, but is there a built in way to manipulate the bars already? Somewhere?

Upvote 0