• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Unreasonable omission

Easily. Player A decides to grief Player B for whatever reason in the 'verse motivates him to be a jackhole. Player A simply continually steps infront of Player B again and again, constantly juking and duking infront of him while he's firing. If Player B is using Pipebombs or Grenades, dive onto them happily to eat the damage, all of which would be reflected back to Player A. Even if Player B never 1) Shoots his weapon or 2) Throws Grenades/Pipebombs, then the Zeds aren't being taken care of, so they get much closer, forcing drastic measures to handle the worsening situation, and end up getting everyone killed. Griefing accomplished. Go grab a Jackhole Cold One, your prize for being the kind of person I like to punch and ban.

All that said, however, I wouldn't mind mucking about with Friendly Fire servers, because I can't stand how people just wander into lines of fire constantly without even bothering to look around or even consider others, but I have to admit, their own selfish stupidity would likely come back to hurt me even though they're incompetant in the first place thanks to TK. Its a double edged sword and I don't have alot of luck with those. Oh well.

Upvote 0
exactly...

I'M'A STAND ON YOUR PIPE BOMBS KK!??!?!

A: p*** off, you standing on my pipe bomb

B: ...

A: I said, P*** OFF, this server is reflective FF damage, and you gonna kill me

B: wtf?

A: It's reflective, means I head shot you, I die. See, j***, so p*** off

[bloat comming, bomb goes boooommmmm, A die]
B: But if I go, who's gonna shoot it to detonate it?

Upvote 0
Such a system is just as prone to griefing as standard friendly fire.

True, even if I'd find it a bit harder due to the fact that (aside from pipebombs) you have to stand in the front, being the first to be reached by specimen. At least it prevents situation like TKing the entire team with nades while in shop or with demo nadelaunchers! ^^
The best remedy is to properly admin the server, although it's not always possible ofc.

A: p*** off, you standing on my pipe bomb

B: ...

A: I said, P*** OFF, this server is reflective FF damage, and you gonna kill me

B: wtf?

A: It's reflective, means I head shot you, I die. See, j***, so p*** off

[bloat comming, bomb goes boooommmmm, A die]
B: But if I go, who's gonna shoot it to detonate it?

Lol! :D

Upvote 0
I've only ever played FF since MoH back in the day. I've seen it all. Kids today griefing is like water off a duck's ar$e. Shrug, and move on. Find a zero tolerant server and before you know it 99% of it is like minded individuals all ducking and checking their fire. Even better find a good FF home and when you do accidently get TK'ed you actually laugh and make a joke about it. After all, and to quote Predator ... 'Sh!t happens'

Gusone - Ducking from FF since 2002

ff_crouch_monkeys.jpg

Upvote 0
Last edited:
Upvote 0
One time I instantly died from some guy's xbow from full heath when I didn't even know the server had FF going.
Not fun.

Mild FF by default wouldn't be awful, but I still think it's best to not die quite so directly by the mistakes and intentions of other players online, since an idiot or jerk can ruin the fun so much more easily.

But obviously even mild friendly fire is not what players in general want, and this is evident by the scarcity of FF servers. So I really don't think it should be set as default at this point, when the current majority of players like it as is.

I can understand why some would like the challenges FF and mirrored FF servers bring, though.
Those servers should have warnings though, which they generally do.

quite true. and if mild ff were standard then people would just learn to move in less eratic ways and make it easier on their mates. if you go check out l4d or l4d2 people have adopted this manour of movement ( most of them) without noticing it because of the FF the game has; however their FF levels are enough for you to blast somone in the face with a few shotshells to kill them...

Upvote 0
But obviously even mild friendly fire is not what players in general want, and this is evident by the scarcity of FF servers

Problem of the entire FF is that game without default FF will automatically put everyone into the mindset that it's not bad thing if I linedance in front of enemies, act like an jackass, shoot grenades or rockets or plant satchel charges or tactical nukes everywhere because only that takes damage would be you and the enemies.

When a guy like that suddenly goes to FF server, ignores all "FRIENDLY FIRE FRIENDLY FIRE" server spam messages, missing the server name's FF warning, lacking reading comprehension and proceeds to play with that certain mindset of hurr durr linedancing hurr durr enemy hurr durr shoot rockets hurr durr, and often are completely in 'shock' when they realize that FF is on.

Alternate versions are that someone realizes FF is on and it's fun to kill teammates and be an idiot in general, some people instantly leaves with massive rage (CAPSLOCK ANYONE?) after realizing it and the list goes on. So yes, FF might be alot more problematic by basics as it requires alot more patience from the user itself E.G. with shotguns or explosions, but on the other hand it also demonstrates that easily over 90% of world's population apparently lack reading comprehension skills or the iniative to actually ask if FF is on.

Personally, I just _love_ those who can't read, kills someone and rages how there was no warning about FF and proceeds to kill the rest of the team in rage.

Upvote 0
Problem of the entire FF is that game without default FF will automatically put everyone into the mindset that it's not bad thing if I linedance in front of enemies, act like an jackass, shoot grenades or rockets or plant satchel charges or tactical nukes everywhere because only that takes damage would be you and the enemies.

Exactly, defaultness of something creates different mindsets of that something.

Upvote 0
Exactly, defaultness of something creates different mindsets of that something.

yep, which is why if the game had a minimum level of 5% ff or somesuch people would atleast addopt the attidute the line dance bunny hoping stupidity isnt proper.

hell most people get used to ff quickly if you explain it to them, ive been playing alot recently on the 100% ff server suicidial difficulty, yeah when noobs join they can easily tk half the team before they realise ff is on. (even though there are auto messages stating so and the title said 100% ff) however when you play with an admin and some good players, thats fun stuff.

Upvote 0
Eh, if it says that, nobody would know what it means, please stop with the acronyms.
In the server name you don't have room except for ff (usually) but most servers tell you it's friendly fire. Besides ff is a rather common acronym in the FPS genre. It's like not knowing was FPS, RPG, or RTS is, ie it can happen with gamers but very rarely.

Upvote 0
I think that would be better for friendly fire servers,if who Shots at a friend "pay" for it with Theiw Own Money.

Example:
I have 200$ And I do 100 Damage(kill if he doesnt have Armor) to a friend,I will lose the 200$ and this money will go to the dead player Amount of money.

Sorry For Poor Inglish,
BYT

Upvote 0
I don't understand this.

Friendly fire works perfectly fine for Left 4 Dead 2, even on expert difficulty although it has:
-much faster zombies and more fast-paced combat
-very limited scarce health
-huge damage from friendly fire
-it doesn't have any kind of precision in shooting

and at the same time Killing Floor has:
-slower paced action
-unlimited health
-long range health gun
-ironsights precision of shooting

Obviously, friendly fire adds much to the L4D2 gameplay and would add even more for Killing Floor and it would work even better for Killing Floor, obviously.

So why on earth is it not a default state of the game?

Unlimited health? um no ? its called BEING A GOOD MEDIC FOR YOUR TEAM

its like saying left 4 **** has unlimited ammo because there is weapon dumps around like every 10 corners.

And friendly fire is based on server settings; weather people want a team kill free zone or not, there is alot of noobs out there who kill the team thinking its funny.

Upvote 0
from my experience playing with FF on, i both really enjoy it and really hate it. as long as the server has it set low enough so you avoid instaTK deaths, it's quite a challenge and fun to play. problem is you've got to be playing with a team of experienced players and if it's a pub server, it needs to be well admined. problem with it being default is that in pub servers you're not always gonna have admins or team players and it's too easy for griefers to cause problems. for that reason i like the way it's currently setup to not have FF on for default, but for server admins it gives them the option to add the extra challenge if they would like to.

Upvote 0