• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

ZEDs grabbing weapons

"OH GOD NO CLOTS I LOST ALL MY GUNS CAUSE THEY KEPT GRABBING ME WEWE'RETGERKLTWELRLEKArlekwjetkerjnerat!"

Know how many times that'll happen?

How about....."This is fun, got my GL, oops, gorefast took it. I die."

This would make death instantaneous on contact with the specimen if you lost your weapons. No fun. Maybe 1 specimen such as the clot can do it, but no more than that. I run into single enemies all the time who hit me once and then die.

Upvote 0
"OH GOD NO CLOTS I LOST ALL MY GUNS CAUSE THEY KEPT GRABBING ME WEWE'RETGERKLTWELRLEKArlekwjetkerjnerat!"

Know how many times that'll happen?

How about....."This is fun, got my GL, oops, gorefast took it. I die."

This would make death instantaneous on contact with the specimen if you lost your weapons. No fun. Maybe 1 specimen such as the clot can do it, but no more than that. I run into single enemies all the time who hit me once and then die.

The way it is now, it would instead go like:

"This is fun, got my GL, oops, gorefast is right next to me! *FOOM*"

> (Deathmessage) Mr. Shoe blew up.

Upvote 0
You're already in enough trouble when a specimen gets withing striking distance. Losing your weapon would reduce your firepower to practically zero, greatly reducing your chances of actually surviving. If, somehow, you managed to survive, then you would most likely be crippled for the rest of the round when your weapon is unreachable because of the ever pressing waves of specimens.

Upvote 0
The way it is now, it would instead go like:

"This is fun, got my GL, oops, gorefast is right next to me! *FOOM*"

> (Deathmessage) Mr. Shoe blew up.
How often have you actually SHOT the grenade launcher? Close range hits make the nades simply not go off...

Most Zerker suicides are pipe-bomb related, really... It's easy to underestimate that explosion radius.

As for the idea...no. We don't need another reason for everyone to play Sharpshooter and stay way, way back from enemies...

Upvote 0