• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Add a prone stance

If it reduced recoil more than the crouch it could be useful, but in general that would only be good for crawlers since the upward trajectory of your bullets would not hit targets behind your primary target. That's why I stand up as commando unless I'm shooting crawlers or spraying. Putting as many headshot-level bullets downrange as possible is the Commando's M.O.

It would also take a while to transition to prone stance, so tactically it wouldn't make sense to keep switching stances back and forth, and I doubt many players would want to be prone ALL the time. Crouch is easy enough to switch back and forth, it's simple, quick and effective. No need for prone, plus you'd have a large body on the ground presenting a larger area to block your teammate's movement.

Upvote 0
Sure, why not. Reduce recoil a whole lot while you're prone. I mean, dang, going prone and reducing your mobility to nothing in this game is way more than enough to balance out drastically reduced recoil.

...just, no dolphins, please? Translation: being prone puts a ceiling on how high up you can aim.

Upvote 0
im going to say i think they made kf as a modification of Ro, because alot of the RO code can still easily be found. as such im thinking prone would need to be enabled more so then added.

this is definitely not a modification of RO. this game comes from a mod for Unreal, it saw its first release (KF 1.0) in 2005 by Alex.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
It would definitely be useful on FF servers but most weapons have so little recoil that using prone to get a recoil reduction would be unnecessary. While I don't mind adding it, I wonder how much it would be used, and, therefore, if it would be worth TWI's time to implement this.

Agree, there are more features worth of wasting time into.

Upvote 0
Due to the arcade-nature of KF, I would say a prone position is a little extreme in terms of necessary abilities as a player. I'm rarely crouched in the game as it is because of how much I run around, so I doubt there would come a time where I'd think, "Let me lie down on the floor right here".

imo, it's perhaps better suited to more realism-oriented/PVP titles, where stealth and movement are all the more important. When you're facing AI that know where you are at all times, it seems a little less necessary.

Upvote 0