• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Flamethrower Suggestion

There actually was an 'on fire' behaviour before the update that did just that.
Apparently the update removed it and replaced it with infinitely long burning specimens which is a bug though.
Chances are, when they fix the eternal fire in the next patch, the 'on fire' animations will return too.

Upvote 0
There actually was an 'on fire' behaviour before the update that did just that.
Apparently the update removed it and replaced it with infinitely long burning specimens which is a bug though.
Chances are, when they fix the eternal fire in the next patch, the 'on fire' animations will return too.

I still see the "on fire" behaviour thingy with the flame's DoT status on specimens now.

Upvote 0
A FP would swing his arms like people normally do when they walk and sort of wander aimlessly while approaching slowly.
I think they probably wanted to take away from that. It made the firebug a little too all powerful.

The infinite burn thing works a lot better to me because fleshpounds can be hurt pretty badly before raging. Thus giving a headshot chance with even weak weapons.

Upvote 0
the firebug a little too all powerful.
?????
Um, I don't think there has been a single person who has ever though that the firebug was too powerful (perhaps an exaggeration but...). The firebug has the least versatility of all the classes (one class weapon with crappy flame 'nades) and rarely did any useful damage in pub server because people will kill specs that would burn to death before they reach the player. But you can't really fault the offending player because unless your a commando it is hard to tell if the spec is about dead or not.

Upvote 0