• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Machine gunners, anti tank with Spotters thoughts suggetions implemetation

EddieElNino

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 16, 2009
One thing i noticed to day while playing on a larger map is that a lone machine gunner without aid of knowing where his enemy is cannot support his team as he should. If i myself use my binos i lose the precious few seconds that an enemy is in my sights but with another role specifically made for the spotter who would get points for the mg's kills seems like it should be implemented on larger maps. Historically mg's would never be alone and have the support of at least one spotter. I also think that you dont even need a mike to do this as the spotter in binocular mode you should simply have to press the arrow keys and that should send a radio message to you gunner as to the direction and he would shift fire and track the rounds onto target and be much more efficient. Also anti tank rifle teams in WWII would work in a highly coordinated fashion so as to hit the vital spots of tanks so due to the limitations of numbers a spotter should compensate. Not only would a spotter have a pair of binos but be able to fire back with a rifle or smg thus the combined team is much more accurate but i think it would be alot of fun if you and whomever worked together. Plz tell me you thoughts or if you can iplement it because i highly look forward to response or suggestions of your own.
Thank you PFC Nino

I like the idea, however how would you propose to ensure their spotter stays with the gunner?

If they have their own SMG or Rifle, then they're like any other class and would or could just run off and do their own thing.

But, programming it that they're joined at the hip isn't a solution either.... ie: having the spotter die or be programmed to be killed after being a certain distance from the MG or AT or locking both player's movements at a certain distance from each other thus forcing them to always be together.

It's just not realistic.

Solution?

Hit em where the points are. If the spotter is a certain distance away from the MG/AT gunner, then any kills they get are only half a point (one point shows up after two kills) and each death is counted as two.

And while in close proximity to your gunner, every kill either of you get is counted as two points and deaths are normal.

This way, if you both are alone and getting surrounded, you still have enough breathing space to break off from one another and flank or ambush, rather then be in the same spot all the time and get grenaded, etc.

Also, make the spotter only have a few ammo clips, but more MG or AT Resupply then other classes so that they're more dependant on the MG/AT support in more ways then one. Of course they could always get more ammo in a number of ways, but starting off it'd be wise to stick to the MG/AT Class.

Shouldn't be too hard to program either.

Last edited:
Upvote 0