• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

MP7+Medic Perk

The opinion that medics should have increased firepower rather than durability is just that, only an opinion made more feasible by the new weapon.

I see no reason a medic would shoot a gun more accurately rather than, say, be healthier or be given better armor. In fact, the opposite seems intuitively more likely.

Although the medic gun is an option in the medic's arsenal, I doubt TWI wants to completely change how perk tiers work whenever they add a weapon that allows you to play a role a little differently.

Perhaps when playing as medics we should consider ourselves lucky the medic "gun" shoots bullets at all, and not just healing darts, since a ranged healing option is clearly the purpose of this addition.

It wasn't made crappy at killing on accident, you know.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I do agree with the following suggestions:

1) Make the medic walk faster with medic gun.
2) Less recoil and equal damage to the Bullup at least.
3) Make him able to equip pipe bomb + medic gun + crossbow because otherwise he is useless against flesh pounder.

Used properly, the medic is a great supporter of the team, I always play with him using also a crossbow to chew chainsaw-zombies and siren heads. But, he is useless against a Flesh Pounder.

According to this source, the xbow deals about 1800 damage with a headshot. Anyone with a xbow can certainly help out with a fp, just don't shoot him first if you're worried ;)

[url]http://strategywiki.org/wiki/Killing_Floor/Weapons[/URL]

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Ask your teammates to buy a gun for you then. And don't die.
I never had money problems as a medic anyway so I don't really understand but whatever.

Do you play on hard or suicidal? Money is always tight on pub servers when people die, since you get paid less at higher difficulty. Now imagine if you're a noob and can't sell auto-spawned chainsaws etc.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Well awesome that you can look up some values and calculate the damage of the crossbow but this thread is about the mp7 and the medic stats.

I think what he's saying is, "if you want a gun for killing, there's a very simple solution. Get a weapon from a perk that's about killing, like sniper."

Well awesome for basic deduction.

Really, what is so hard about that? :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
Do you play on hard or suicidal? Money is always tight on pub servers when people die, since you get paid less at higher difficulty. Now imagine if you're a noob and can't sell auto-spawned chainsaws etc.
Yeah, hard is the new normal if you hit lv4 with anything after all, roit?
And selling yer zerker chainsaw is pretty much the standard way for me to begin a game.
If I'm a 'noob' (even though you used that term wrongly, it'd be a 'newb' but whatever) I don't f*cking play 'hard' or even 'suicidal'.

Also if people die in pub games, you can pick up their weapons and sell/use them even though I'd rather have them stay alive.
People who play suicidal generally (should) know what they're doing and it's more effective to keep them alive by healing them and relying on the fixed amount of pounds you get each round to get a crossbow and be helpful.
I never had a problem getting 400 pounds together that way, even while buying armor and selling/rebuying the mp7 for ammo every single round as medic in suicidal.
What I never ever buy is grenades since those are absolutely useless, expensive firecrackers anyway.

I think what he's saying is, "if you want a gun for killing, there's a very simple solution. Get a weapon from a perk that's about killing, like sniper."

Well awesome for basic deduction.

Really, what is so hard about that? :rolleyes:
And what is so hard about understanding that this is about the medic and his 'weapon'.
I mean, read the friggin topic title?
Really everyone saying you should get another weapon and that you're supposed to use your 9mm for crawlers only confirms that it's just crap for killing anything but clots.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
And what is so hard about understanding that this is about the medic and his 'weapon'.
Really everyone saying you should get another weapon and that you're supposed to use your 9mm for crawlers only confirms that it's just crap for killing anything but clots.

I think the problem is that we (and by 'we' I mean 'you') have yet to establish something that's part of your premise, apparently:

Why should the medic be so good at killing stuff?

Upvote 0
Medigun is fine. It gives medics a ranged option for healing with the added bonus of being able to kill specimens that happen to get too close.

The goal of killing floor perks isn't to ensure that all players are able to kill all specimens with equal efficiency; it's to ensure that each player has a role on the team and as such, each player has to fulfill that role.

The medic's role is not to have the capability to kill everything that it happens to encounter. It's to keep the rest of the team alive and have self preservation. The healing dart aspect of the MP7 accomplishes this perfectly.

Upvote 0
Boost the accuracy

Boost the accuracy

I think the problem is that we (and by 'we' I mean 'you') have yet to establish something that's part of your premise, apparently:

No one is saying the medic should be Terminator. I think the general consensus is the muzzle jump should be reduced to make it a more practical weapon that the medic can use as his bread and butter (in a support role against smaller zeds), tossing heal darts in the process. It would be a stretch to throw in an additional progressive perk stat, but a little fix on the recoil would even it out. Any non-pistol gun you BUY should hold its own to some degree. Your 9mm is your secondary, NOT your MP7. I agree you'll want a more powerful gun like the M79 to bust out here and there, but you should have your MP7 at the ready most of the time.

I think it's good to keep his armor bonus and bile resistance because any medic is probly the only medic, so there's no one else to heal him efficiently. He needs to be able to keep himself alive.

Giving better armor to the zerk would only make it last an extra minute on the front line anyway.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

You know what? You win. Hooray.
I'm tired of sounding like a broken record for education-resistant people who apparently can't read and/or like to deliberately piss people off.
I can spend my time much more productive by doing anything but visiting these forums full of people who like to talk -no- blatantly misdirect people about things they obviously have no clue about so, have a lot of fun here or something.
This place isn't good for me anyway because I'm allergic to bull****.

Upvote 0
You know what? You win. Hooray.
I'm tired of sounding like a broken record for education-resistant people who apparently can't read and/or like to deliberately piss people off.
I can spend my time much more productive by doing anything but visiting these forums full of people who like to talk -no- blatantly misdirect people about things they obviously have no clue about so, have a lot of fun here or something.
This place isn't good for me anyway because I'm allergic to bull****.
Yeah, it really is no use 9_6. You have like ten little teenagers on this thread who probably only read two posts and then thought they had constructive criticism to give.

This forum is useless because people like Zeptorem, or 9_6, or any one else with a brain cell, can post long detailed descriptions of what can be done to improve the game. ****, three weapons in the new tiers seem to be from suggestions I've seen Zeptorem post.

However, it doesn't matter. I could write an entire book on how the medics ability to run away is essentially destroyed by the MP7, a heavy and useless gun except for a single feature, the healing dart. I'd still get three people who'd post something like, "OMG THE POW IS GUD, LEAF IT THER N00B, MED DOESN'T DO DMG ANYWOY."

It's really just pointless. Why would TWI add a gun that you've all agreed is for sitting back and doing nothing with? You just agreed with the notion that you can remove the MP7 and add the healing dart to the medigun.

That would instantly solve this problem, because I wouldn't have to switch between a **** gun and a good one, just a good gun and my medigun.

Now, I'm going to go write an essay for my critical arguements class. Writing that will be fruitful to my efforts.

Upvote 0
Since you seem to think big letters make you sound correct:
Yes, medic should be on alert for any teammates that need healing. Should there be none, do as many others have suggested and buy another gun. And also medics recieve money when they heal players "which you would know if you ever played as a medic."

ROFLMFAOWSMP ALL DAY LONG you realize other classes can make what a medic makes vie healing in an entire round with 1 maybe 2 kills. and no it doesn't make me seem correct because I am right and people don't read for some reason so I post that comment for the 4th time thought I might emphasize it so the challenged could read it. post below proving exactly what I said

Medigun is fine. It gives medics a ranged option for healing with the added bonus of being able to kill specimens that happen to get too close.

The goal of killing floor perks isn't to ensure that all players are able to kill all specimens with equal efficiency; it's to ensure that each player has a role on the team and as such, each player has to fulfill that role.

The medic's role is not to have the capability to kill everything that it happens to encounter. It's to keep the rest of the team alive and have self preservation. The healing dart aspect of the MP7 accomplishes this perfectly.

We ask not for a "SUPER PLASMA BAZOOKA" but a gun that you can kill crawlers with because thats outragous to ask. and as previously stated I know i'm not supposed to be a primary damage dealer but what am I supposed to do sit in a corner wanking it waiting for my team to get wounded? Yes the MP7 does do a good job of allowing medics ranged heals but it doesn't allow us to kill 3 things that have us surrounded without entering a half hour reloading animation.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
We ask not for a "SUPER PLASMA BAZOOKA" but a gun that you can kill crawlers with because thats outragous to ask. and as previously stated I know i'm not supposed to be a primary damage dealer but what am I supposed to do sit in a corner wanking it waiting for my team to get wounded? Yes the MP7 does do a good job of allowing medics ranged heals but it doesn't allow us to kill 3 things that have us surrounded without entering a half hour reloading animation.

The MP7 does a fantastic job of killing crawlers, clots, bloats and gorefasts. I really don't see where you people are having trouble with it. If you're getting surrounded by 3 things and dying frequently, that's a situational awareness problem on your part, not a problem with the gun itself.

I have little to no problems with my rank 4 medic while using that gun. If your biggest complaints are about the recoil and the reload animation, pick your shots better. Just because it has a high rate of fire doesn't mean you should be unloading 5 to 10 rounds into a crawler when 1 to 2 bullets decaps anything less than a siren. That thing takes off heads just as easily as the Bullpup (been doing this in hard/suicidal). If you need to run away because you're getting surrounded, swap to the knife and run away. Reload at a safe distance instead of reloading while backpedaling from a crowd of mobs that are going to kill you.

Upvote 0