• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Why did I ever stray...

Wasn't borderlands supposed to be super amazing with its bazillions of guns?
What happened?
Guns are pretty similar, since it's random generated with different specs, not model :)

Poor graphic customization. And they told me this game was originated from PC and port to console, not a console port.

Laggy online game.

Heavy toward RPG, so you almost can't headshot and kill something at low lv (unless it's a snipe rifle).

Jerky mouse movement, and no setting for increase speed of the mouse without messing .ini file

But overally, it's not a big disappointed. Just my personal advice, not a recession-friendly game. Wait until it's 50% off.

Upvote 0
Ummmm, you have a Borderlands screenshot in your sig picture brotha.

The robot reminds me of myself whenever I get drunk that's the only reason I picked it.
And to answer James' question: going through gamespy arcade was a major disappointment. Like someone said, you can tell that it was ported from console to PC not vice versa. I think they scrapped the whole PC to be honest and went the cheap *** way. Single player is alright, but the multiplayer, which was supposed to be the selling point (at least in my mind) is so brokedick it makes l4d's matching system seem like a good idea.

Upvote 0
Guns are pretty similar, since it's random generated with different specs, not model :)

Poor graphic customization. And they told me this game was originated from PC and port to console, not a console port.

Laggy online game.

Heavy toward RPG, so you almost can't headshot and kill something at low lv (unless it's a snipe rifle).

Jerky mouse movement, and no setting for increase speed of the mouse without messing .ini file

But overally, it's not a big disappointed. Just my personal advice, not a recession-friendly game. Wait until it's 50% off.

I can't believe I bought it. :( I'm not impressed at all.

Weapon handling blows too. I mean it's a decent game, but it's blatantly obvious it was ported from the console. I'm not very happy with my purchase but alas, I'm the only one to blame here. :mad:

Upvote 0

Laggy online game.

Really? Those are your complaints about the PC version of Borderlands?
Have you even played the game? The real problems are NOTHING like those.

The guns have randomly generated models, baised on their stats, if a SMG has an increased clip size as a modifier, It will have a drum magazine. If it deals fire damage it will be coloured orange or red. If it is a gun with x4 scope, the scope will look very different than a x2, if it has no scope you will look down it's Iron sights. Custom gun models are not a problem, in fact, many things like the stock are completely random and two identical guns can look diffeent.

Graphics customization? Sure it dosen't have all of the minute tweak options Killing Floor has, like turning off dynamic lighting, but anti-aliasing, screen size, and others are more than enough to optimize it's performance on your PC.

Laggy... Not the game's fault here.

Well, I don't know about you, but if it says FPS RPG on the box, and it has alien beasts in it, i'm not expecting extreme realism like in Red Orchestra.

This one is silly, there is a slider for mouse sensitivity for heaven's sakes!

I don't believe you've actually played the game for very long at all, much less played it online to see the real problems. If you had, you might have mentioned the utter lack of Mic support, its just always on.
Or you'd talk about how some of Lilith's talents don't freakin' work!
[url]http://gbxforums.gearboxsoftware.com/showthread.php?t=81606&highlight=silent+resolve[/URL]
Or you'd talk about how Brick's Berzerk ability has incredibly poor scaling, so that at the higher levels, its worthless.
Or you'd talk about how Chest farming in the town of NewHaven means everyone at level 20 has the best guns and essentially infinite money (6 chests in New Haven, Open them up, possibly get rare stuff, sell it, save game, reload, poof chests are back, each run takes 2 mins tops)
Or you'd talk about how the server selection system is a terrible console port, no option to scroll, each refresh gives you only 10 servers with the possibility for repeats from the last list, no sorting options, and most importaintly not giving you warning if the server you picked is next door, or in Eastern Ukraine!
Or you could talk about how because of these problems, coupled with how much easier it is to aim with a mouse (favors ranged attacks), means that almost everyone on PC Borderlands is Roland or Mordecai!

Borderlands is by no means a perfect or balanced game, Gearbox is actively working to patch it as we speak. So please, if you are going to criticize something, please criticize an actual problem!

Upvote 0