• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Retail Version - "Exclusive! Includes Bonus Playable Characters"?

ThePro

FNG / Fresh Meat
Oct 24, 2009
I just bought the retail copy of Killing Floor on Best Buy after trying out the game during the "Free Steam Weekend". On the box it says "Exclusive! Includes Bonus Playable Characters", but I dont see any new characters compared to the content on the free steam weekend. Are they supposed to be characters from the 2 DLC (Which I don't have anyways)? Which are supposed to be the bonus characters?

PS: I used to play Killing Floor (years ago) back when it was a UT2K4 mod. It ceratainly has come along way and kudos to the team for the visuals they have achieved on the UT2K4 engine.

I just bought the retail copy of Killing Floor on Best Buy after trying out the game during the "Free Steam Weekend". On the box it says "Exclusive! Includes Bonus Playable Characters", but I dont see any new characters compared to the content on the free steam weekend. Are they supposed to be characters from the 2 DLC (Which I don't have anyways)? Which are supposed to be the bonus characters?

PS: I used to play Killing Floor (years ago) back when it was a UT2K4 mod. It ceratainly has come along way and kudos to the team for the visuals they have achieved on the UT2K4 engine.

Its just 2 characters from the "outbreak character pack"

Upvote 0
Thanks for the replies. I figured out what was 'wrong'.

Even though I uninstalled the Killing Floor installation from when I downloaded the 'KF Free Steam Weekend' and installed my reatail version from the CD, Steam still had me running under the 'Free Weekend'. I had manually activate my CD-Key and now I have the guy with the skull mask and the guy in bio-suit.

Last edited:
Upvote 0