• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Hello to everyone. New to this section.

THEDDLE

Grizzled Veteran
May 14, 2009
Well I am at a loss. I have been playing KF since the release. I was waiting for Activision to release the next COD MW2. Since it is most likely we will get screwed I am looking for options. I did not even know of Tripwire before KF.

I have to come to be fond of the KF community and Tripwire.

So here I am and I do not know much about Red Orchestra. So how about some guiadance. A place I can check it out a little more. Like videos, screen shots, and so on. I have been thumbing through the vast forums. Checking out the custom maps and so on. I am a rookie builder in KF. It has been a lot of fun.

I am a competitive player in gaming and I wanted to put together a squad for COD. I have heard of ladders in your game and it peaked my interest. I am sure I would be lousy at first since it is a new game type to me; however, I learn fast.

I am the clan leader of =TCH=. I have several affilate clans I am associated with. In talking with them we are all at a loss of what we want to do.

I am associated with a member of another group making a mod for Counter Strike. Once again this is a while away.

If I like the game I will have no problem picking up a server or two. I see a couple of different versions on Game Servers. I am not sure what the difference of the two are.

I will also talk to some of my senior mapping buddies. I know they have also played this game.

Thank you again for your time. I will look forward to the replies.

Well I am at a loss. I have been playing KF since the release. I was waiting for Activision to release the next COD MW2. Since it is most likely we will get screwed I am looking for options. I did not even know of Tripwire before KF.

I have to come to be fond of the KF community and Tripwire.

So here I am and I do not know much about Red Orchestra. So how about some guiadance. A place I can check it out a little more. Like videos, screen shots, and so on. I have been thumbing through the vast forums. Checking out the custom maps and so on. I am a rookie builder in KF. It has been a lot of fun.

I am a competitive player in gaming and I wanted to put together a squad for COD. I have heard of ladders in your game and it peaked my interest. I am sure I would be lousy at first since it is a new game type to me; however, I learn fast.

I am the clan leader of =TCH=. I have several affilate clans I am associated with. In talking with them we are all at a loss of what we want to do.

I am associated with a member of another group making a mod for Counter Strike. Once again this is a while away.

If I like the game I will have no problem picking up a server or two. I see a couple of different versions on Game Servers. I am not sure what the difference of the two are.

I will also talk to some of my senior mapping buddies. I know they have also played this game.

Thank you again for your time. I will look forward to the replies.

well RO:Ost is half dead, as it was released back in march 2006
there still are a number of nice servers and some VERRY nice mods for it
Darkest hour (western front), Mare Nostrum (Africa) and Carpathian crosses (adds Romanians to the game)

you can check out a lot of good vids on youtube, just search for Red Orchestra

anyways, welcome to the REAL Forums :)

Upvote 0
Hi everyone i'm planning on buying this game in couple of hours i don't care if the scene is not so populated, as long as there are at least a number of ppl willing to play (one good server is enough for me). I'm very excited and puzzled how I missed it when it was released.
I have a question, do most players play vanilla or mod's? - what i mean is, could i play straight away when i install or do i have to find some mods and install them, if that's the case could someone plz write which ones?
Thx, cheers Filip! =)

Upvote 0
Hey

Hey

I was wondering if DA 2 was going to be a mod for this game? I would like to do a server for that. I like to get in on the beginning of a game with servers. This way you have a better chance of keeping it populated. Otherwise you are not established. Then it is hard to do. Tripwire was pretty smart to put adds in the load up of KF for RO.

Upvote 0
I was wondering if DA 2 was going to be a mod for this game? I would like to do a server for that. I like to get in on the beginning of a game with servers. This way you have a better chance of keeping it populated. Otherwise you are not established. Then it is hard to do. Tripwire was pretty smart to put adds in the load up of KF for RO.
well DA1 is for RO:Ost, DA2 is for KF as it seems :)

DA1 was released sometime in 2006 or 2007 for RO:Ost
its great that TWI did the same with KF

Upvote 0
I am hoping it is also for RO. That or gameservers will let you have more then 6 spots for the mod. I am just interested in the vs mode. Zombies may be fun. Not as fun as concentrating on each other.

Gameservers allows seperate servers for say the DarkestHour mod. If you contact them they can make a 32 player server for DA2 on killingfloor.

[email protected] it is believe or join #gameservers @ gamesurge on irc. and talk to limpy.

For competition in Red Orchestra is still quite lively in europe (for a small game). over at www.roladder.net . The american section i dunno there is roleague but some have been saying that that is pretty much stopped.

Red Orchestra: Heroes of Stalingrad will be nice to keep an eye out for if you like competition as that game hasnt released yet. So when it comes out it will probably have a blooming community again.

--------------------------------

RO:Ostfront is living a bit towards its end and the online play is declining, but its dirt cheap atm, and can give you a good example for the basic thing that rohos will be like (although uglier and probably less refined with less features).

RO is a nice game that people can often hate the first 3 days they play it and then suddenly absolutely love.

Edit:

Talked for a second with a GS dude, order a kf server, and in the billing support basically say that you want a 32 player server for DA2. And they can increase the slots and stuff there.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hey.

Hey.

Thank you. I have not seen the release yet for DA2 so I will wait until it comes out. I would like to give it a whirl also. Plus I usually get the info from gameservers. We can not give you the mod unless you give us a link to download the mod. This happens until I get higher up and someone has a clue. I had this problem with the KF beta for the new whitelisting.

Upvote 0
Darkest Hour is your best bet if you're an American player looking for some flavor of the original release.

On Red Orchestra, you've pretty much got Danzig and Arad. They carry a lot of mileage....you've got intense infantry combat and deliberate and focused tank combat, respectively. The issue if you'll be so sick of them in six months you won't be able to see straight if you don't sprinkle in some long range, distance-driven combined arms maps on DH.

But the gameplay is utterly incomparable. There is no FPS I've ever played that has the culture or the sheer gameplay depth of Red Orchestra.

Upvote 0