• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

AK47, so weak, wtf?

jb_

Grizzled Veteran
Oct 17, 2009
I was quite disapointed when the anticipated AK47 was released.

1. Not enough firepower
- making the commando in the last upper half waves useless when the stronger zombies appear.
- zombies dont drop even after a headshot with the AK - making it a minority class compared to the powerful sharpshooter class that drops zombies with a headshot from a much less powerful but sexy 9mm berreta.
- gorefasts get decapitated by an AK and yet they still come towards you to slice you up... now in real life, a shot with the AK47(most powerful rifle in the world) anywhere would literally put you down - immobilized.
- useless against scrakes

So please fix this because the addition of the SCAR wont help the commandos firepower besides a tactical approach in which proves useless when firepower is needed when you have 300+ zombies and limited ammo for spamming.

Last edited:
That's funny, 'cause the only time I find myself using the AK47 is against scrakes and sirens.

Pro tip: Never use semi automatic, it lowers the damage per bullet for whatever reason.

*edit* HE TROLL YOU!

But he has right, the AK47 IS useless against Scrakes and Fleshpound (and Patriach of course xDDDDD never made critical damage to him)

BUT: The AK47 is just useless at hard and sucided (against named enemies), at the other difficulties youre stupid if you dont have that gun in your pocket.

Upvote 0
I respectfully disagree with you

A level 5 commando,(come the 22nd a level 6)with an AK is pretty darn effective, if used correctly.

And you forget that its not a commandos place to try and go toe to toe with a Scrake, thats either for a Sharpshooter or a Zerker, (or anyone else with a Crossbow)

Commandos excel at sweeping, taking out all the trash Zeds so that a Zerker can go in and tank the biggins without fear of a horde of crawlers or a few Sirens attacking them.

In my opinion, the AK is just fine the way it is. It works well in the hands of a commando, and other perks have a little more trouble with it, as it should be since a support or any other class don't get bonuses for that weapon. The only other Perks that can use it is maybe the Zerker or the Medic, but only as a secondary since they will probably use a Chainsaw or a Katana as a primary.

Commando is the perk I use mostly, and even before the AK, even before the ammo and reload boost was added, I was content with the Commando.

Upvote 0
A level 5 commando,(come the 22nd a level 6)with an AK is pretty darn effective, if used correctly.

I've found AK (and Bullpup) useful weapons even on a medic @ hard and even suicidal, given you can do something else besides press mb1 and hope that everything dies on the other side of the map.

So either the op just presses mb1 and hopes someone to die or there's something clearly wrong around here, besides something that smells like a troll.

*prepares a volley of arrows*

Upvote 0
brick_top1982:

Yes I understand what your saying, in farm map for example, theres no disadvantage in a big map. In corridors where zombies start swarming, decapitation is ofcourse the quickest way to take them out, but even so, u get gorefasts and clots etc clinging onto you. In this situation, other perks are much more effective. A sharp shooter, zerk, and support has no problems in corridors, cramped areas or big areas. A Simple 9mm could mow them down.

Moosecat:

I only play suicidal, You'll get about 10-20 sirens and scrakes from wave 8 onwards. Especially when theres a mass spawn in Manor where you get 40 gorefasts or 10 scrakes, 10 sirens at once. With the amount of clips in hand, you wont last on a 320+ zombie wave.

edit: only newbies dont use semi fire. I find the bulpup more handy than the AK most times. More accuracy therefore no need for zoom.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
oh - my - god

yes of course the commando is NOT a tank for scrakes and fleshpound :rolleyes:

I think you understood me wrong. I LOVE the Commando perk, its the only perk I play in this badass game. But there is no disagreement when I say the AK47 is useless against Scrakes. Because IT IS. You said it, too.
And no, I don't try to kill a Scrake on my own if I play KF. I ignore them and let the Zerker do his job ;).

Just for info, I am lvl5 Commando and play just hard and suicided games. So I know what I am talking about.

Upvote 0
main point is, its bogus how the SS + 9mm drops all the small fries with a simple headshot while the Commando + AK doesnt. In this case its no better than the 9mm.

Im not putting the commando perk down for those fan bois out there, just that the AK is a letdown to the commando perk.

A suggestion to either power up the AK or let the zombies drop instantly after decap.

Upvote 0
oh - my - god

yes of course the commando is NOT a tank for scrakes and fleshpound :rolleyes:

I think you understood me wrong. I LOVE the Commando perk, its the only perk I play in this badass game. But there is no disagreement when I say the AK47 is useless against Scrakes. Because IT IS. You said it, too.
And no, I don't try to kill a Scrake on my own if I play KF. I ignore them and let the Zerker do his job ;).

Just for info, I am lvl5 Commando and play just hard and suicided games. So I know what I am talking about.

I dont think you get what Im saying...

A sharp shooter, wont need a zerk to stand up infront for him. Coz simply the sharp shooter can take out any zombie easily in game. 1 shot scrake, 9mm FP, bye bye.

In powerhouse terms, sharpshooter is overpowered compared to commando. If you cant see the stalker, i suggest upgrading your graphics card. If you dont know how much health a zombie has left, you need to play more and you'll learn how many shots it takes etc.

Besides, what I suggesting is a good thing is it not? I dont want start a arguement about which perk is better etc. Everyone has preferences. Heck I dont even give 2 ****s about commando perk, i dont use it. Just a balancing issue here.

Upvote 0
I always get the most kills when playing as Commando class, but yeah, when it comes to scrakes and fleshpounds I feel completely useless and helpless.

Emptying a couple of clips into their heads should really mean something, like, I don't know, maybe BEHEADING them?

That's one of the reasons I suggested perks synergy-

http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=36894

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I was quite disapointed when the anticipated AK47 was released.

1. Not enough firepower
- making the commando in the last upper half waves useless when the stronger zombies appear.
- zombies dont drop even after a headshot with the AK - making it a minority class compared to the powerful sharpshooter class that drops zombies with a headshot from a much less powerful but sexy 9mm berreta.
- gorefasts get decapitated by an AK and yet they still come towards you to slice you up... now in real life, a shot with the AK47(most powerful rifle in the world) anywhere would literally put you down - immobilized.
- useless against scrakes

So please fix this because the addition of the SCAR wont help the commandos firepower besides a tactical approach in which proves useless when firepower is needed when you have 300+ zombies and limited ammo for spamming.

What you didnt know ?? The Bullpup has an insanly superior damage ratio compared to the AK, It even packs more ammo and a larger clip!! You should be using the Bullpup no questions asked!. The AK was only added for people who wanted to roleplay terrorests. All hail aliah!. Tho seriously I think they should of added strap on bomb packs instead :/. oh well. But really, you have misunderstood.

Last edited:
Upvote 0