• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Heroes in RO HOS, and moral

As Ramm-Jaeger said in another thread

What I think is really funny is that everyone hears Hero system and player progression and all of the sudden every thinks "OMG COD". When in reality, COD has nothing remotely resembling the Hero system that will be in ROHOS, and even the player progression isn't even close.

I'm not going to go into detailing what exactly the Hero system is or how the player progression works. We've got to save some things for later

Upvote 0
that could be interesting. one player per side is awarded hero status after each map or something like that, or even hero "points" that would add up after a long time and give you spefic hero "levels"

When I reach level 50 I want to be able to hipshoot my minigun.
Vulcan_Raven_49acc4d45cb31.jpg

Also, I want martyrdom and juggernaut.

Upvote 0
I think this should be affected by your K:D ratio and other factors such as total points.

To prevent this from being farmed there should be a Cap on how many times you can gain points from killing one player in a certain amount of time. Maybe 3-4 points per round.

I believe the Kill to Death ratio would be a great way to limit players who farm points.

Say you farm a 4:1 K/D ratio and obtain Hero Status.

But since you spend all your time farming you actually suck at the game.

You go into a server and die 16 times and kill 8 people.

Now your K:D ratio goes down and your not a hero, your fake.

It should automatically save on the server for angry people who CTRL-ALT-DELETE exit the server because there K:d ratio sucks.

Friendly Fire should not count.

My 25 Cents.

Upvote 0
Base Hero status on K/D and the only people who will be heroes are snipers and people who sit on the MG all day.

Not true.

I rocked servers with a bolt action rifle. Rocked hard with a Pshh, Mp40.

However I never rocked hard with a Sniper rifle or MG, unless looted in a prime situation.

2:1 K/d ratio on most maps average.

Been playing RO since the first 1.0-2.0 mod days.

Upvote 0
Yeah but a good sniper might hit 5:1 K/D or higher. That would put an over emphasis on snipers.

Same goes for tankers on combined arms maps. On Konigzplatz, it's pretty easy for a tanker to rack up tons of infantry kills with HE rounds and the MG.

Of course, I'm a newbie who's only been playing since mod 3.0 days.

and a good MG'er in DH even as high as 20-1

Upvote 0