• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map KF-Dammage

REALDEMO, you are an angel!

The invisible wall there only counts for players. ZEDs can spawn under the bridge and come from there.
I carpet-bombed the whole area outside and below the map with pathnodes now and added a few regular sized teleporters for the ZEDs to use at will and what do you know? They don't get stuck anymore. I finished four full games on suicidal (with cheats) now and so far they only got stuck once in a place where they can't get stuck anymore. In other words, the getting stuck outside problem should be fixed now.
I changed the paths around the infernal triangle there now too but it's still possible for them to get tangled up a bit there, I think. I'll upload the updated map later this day. I'm looking forward to more feedback!

EDIT: The updated version is now downloadable! Links and new screenshots in the first post!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
hi murphy

i played ur map in a network and ran in a problem.

this is it what it looks like when i play the map as a client on a server:
i see no helis, or droppods.

the zeds appear like this

i hear the sound of the helis but they are not visible.

another example of the same problem.

noone else in this thread mentioned this so it is possible its only me:

i read ur post about how frustrating it gets by now for u doing this map.
here comes my suggestion:

forget the helis. skip the droppods. spawn the zeds conventional.
the idea to fly and drop them in is ubergreat but when it starts draining u like this its time to stop at some point.

some possibilitys would be: some spawns in the water behind the upper damwall and let them climb out of the water. let them jump over the fences. if jumping looks absurd (and it does if they jump to far and to high) let them walk down the hills and give them some obstacles to climb the fence from their side. let them jump out of the water on the lower dam side on the brigde. use the effekt robot uses in survival and it will look impressive. let the zeds march out of the tunnel. let them walk down the hills near the tunnel. spawn them between the damwall and the bridge in the white water. with ur actual pathnodes they walk out realy nice.
do this and then u have it all: nowhere to run for the players, zeds from all sides, great optics and stable gameplay. no more problems:p

as u pointed out by urself: the players does care little where the zeds come from. they are not intrested in how u spawn zeds in their faces as long they can believe it.

maybe u do a version of ur map with conventional spawning and release it. just to get a little solace for u and a awesome map for us:D

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I could just delete the droppod and heli spawns. Other zombie volumes are already in place and work fine as far as I can tell.

I don't think the map is worth a whole lot without the gimmicky spawns though. Maybe I'll make a version with and without the special spawns, but I want to fix them either way.-

I don't know why your heli wasn't fired correctly. I'll wait for others to report the same problem and then I'll have another look at this. On my machine it works 100%. I have never seen ZEDs fly without a heli. Sometimes they are a teeny-tiny bit out of sync but not to the point that you'd see ZEDs just fly around without a heli!
But, I'll investigate this. Thanks for telling me!

Upvote 0
here is my set up for the non showing helis:

-start KF
-host game
-start server with dedicated button
(server starts in window)
-start KF again
(two KF`s running on the same machine)
-multiplayer
-find game via LAN
-play the map
-no helis

i hope it helps. i love this map. i love the way zeds spawn. its not an attempt to convince u otherwise. i like to see it work. keep up the good work.

and i draw my hat before realdemo. its amazing how he can find exploits. i never find such stuff. good work:D

Upvote 0
Thanks, THEDDLE. The Filefront link should be working. At least it works for me. Maybe it was temporary downtime? Doesn't matter much as a new version with the fixed exploits REALDEMO reported and improved water will be coming very soon.

I kept the water at the feet of the dam as it is as I really like the muddy, non-reflective quality of it and I think it looks fairly good. I agree that the water at the top looked very bland though, but I need it to be opaque as it contains my secret ZED-spawner. So I gave it 2d waves now. No reflections as reflections only really look good with 3d movement and 3d movement is a no-go for me in this case for performance reasons, but I think you all will be very pleased by how it came out now. It looks pretty good, imo.

Thanks, Herman! I'm currently installing KF on my old PC and I'll try to get a LAN game going so I can take a look. It should work online though. I never heard of mesh-emitters being disabled for clients. But as I said, I'll take a look.
EDIT: I finished a whole 10 wave game now while my old computer was loading, lol. I tried to host a dedicated server on my pc and join it but it didn't let me join. No error message, nothing. It just stayed at the connecting screen. Is there something I have to do to get it work?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I tried to host a dedicated server on my pc and join it but it didn't let me join. No error message, nothing. It just stayed at the connecting screen. Is there something I have to do to get it work?

do u have a firewall in action that blocks the connection between ur server and ur client? sometimes it pops up on the desktop and u cant see it because the game is in front. this happend to me.

and just to make sure: u dont need a second pc to host the dedicated server. u can start the dedicated server on ur main machine and then start KF again on the SAME machine and join as a client. if u do this already consider this as not said:p

Upvote 0
Yes, that's what I tried first but I couldn't connect to it (not even with the firewall off) and that's why I installed it on my old pc to start a listen server but that didn't work either yet. Mostly because the old pc is a piece of crap and takes ages to load. But if there is nothing else to do it's probaby just a problem with my network settings or something. I'm on it.

Upvote 0
Regular humans of the company Horzine developed the specimens as living weapons. They are either flying them in themselves or hired a staff of security or simply (possibly foreign) mercenaries.
It's not Big Kev who's flying them, obviously, because there are a) multiple helicopters en route and he can't be in multiple places at once and b) he has a minigun and a rocket-launcher as arms.:p

Upvote 0