• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

And the winner of Grindhouse Wave 1 is...!

gusone

Grizzled Veteran
May 2, 2009
Sidcup
steamcommunity.com
That's right 8 days to go...will the Wave 2 closing date coincide with the announcement of the Wave 1 winners...who knows? It would make sense since it will take them a month to review another new 50 maps that have been submitted for Wave 2. Maybe they'll release the Wave 1 results to great fanfare to keep the spivs happy with map packs and goodies etc. Entice new players with discounts and free play...who knows? We know TWI are up to things but what can we expect? The excitement is building. Fatblokewithabeardinapub is keeping schtum...maybe he's signed an NDA?

Who knows?

I think it'll take a bit longer than that. Testing and judging maps takes time.
You need to judge several things, the look, the gameplay, bugs and errors.
You would need to go through several runs on each map before you are sure if it's good or not, and as we know a long game can take almost an hour sometimes.
Multiply that by all the maps submited and you have a lot of time that TWI has to use and give up on working on updates and RO:HoS.

Upvote 0
I think it'll take a bit longer than that. Testing and judging maps takes time.
You need to judge several things, the look, the gameplay, bugs and errors.
You would need to go through several runs on each map before you are sure if it's good or not, and as we know a long game can take almost an hour sometimes.
Multiply that by all the maps submited and you have a lot of time that TWI has to use and give up on working on updates and RO:HoS.

some maps im sure will be a breeze, but im sure the better maps like waterworks, swamp, and north sea will be more of a challenge with judging once they wade thru all the weekenders.

Upvote 0
Yeah I am not so sure that Waterworks will win it. It looks good, but doesn't really feel as claustrophobic and moody as other maps I've played. A similar industrial theme was used for Foundry, but to a much scarier effect.

I am never scared playing Waterworks.
Of course, it all depends on what exactly Tripwire are impressed by. I don't know.
Don't get me wrong, Waterworks is good. Just for the wrong game maybe. ;)

Upvote 0