• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

100 reasons why Killing Floor owns/I love Killing Floor

The guns have a very good feel to them. They manage to completely convey the power of the gun in a nice cinematic way, and don't jerk your view around unless it's from a powerful shot (god, I just got WaW and the trenchgun's view-jerk from the pump action makes me want to bomb Treyarch) As Jigglebelly said, the feeling of the "ironsights" with dual pistols feels kinda intense, even if it doesn't help your aim enormously.
The levels are all pretty unique and interesting, with different color palettes.

I kinda like that the zombies are slow. If they were fast, they'd need to die easily to be balanced (L4D) which reduces the glamour of an enormous horde moving towards you.
Finally, the Patriarch. It has been SO long since I've seen a boss enemy in an FPS that was really engaging, complete with boss music and special attacks you need to memorize. Added to that, the fact that you're beating him as a team, it's just unlike anything else. (L4D tank: Okai guyz plan is SHOT HIM.)

Upvote 0
It's just the German term for first-person shooter. Maybe he didn't know what the term for it was in English. You're looking way too far into it.
But in fact, I like the English understanding of "ego-shooter". One of the things we said about KF before launch was the amount of time we spent play-testing - and cackling, shouting "BURRRRN" at the screen and focusing on that ZED-time head popping... it all DOES do wonders for the ego. And, at the end of the day, that makes it damn fun :)

Upvote 0