• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

a way to prevent everyone from being a "hero" 4 years later

The only way to avoid server crippling "hero" stacking is to make the heroes have a minimal effect over normal "non-hero" troopers.

We simply dont know enough about the implementation yet :mad:

I dont like the heroes idea, but perhaps it can be a live status such as, you must have a certain K/D ratio based on the last 4 weeks playing time etc . .so after 4 months a hero cant simply re appear onto the scene.

Also i have a few RO accounts, will be a pita to make them all hero no doubt.

Upvote 0
i truly hope that heroes is based on live statistics of someone. Like the Kills/Hour ratio of someone (K/D is too dependent on class imo, where K/H in the ro mod was pretty accurate in its rankings).

I certainly hope that people are not forced to start with a rifle then after X kills unlock a semi auto rifle, they can use on every map while being the bolt class.

Class loadouts, that give an equal amount of mg's and snipers in games as bolt action rifleman like what happens on 50 player servers quite often, is one of the things i fear most. I truly hope that atleast through a serversetting servers can be set to realistic loadouts.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
In my opinion Heroes should be selected every round from one of the highest ranked players on the server, there should only be one per team. And they should apply to be a hero.

Just like the "commander" feature in Battlefield 2, many players apply but only one of the highest ranked gets to be a commander.

Upvote 0
im not fond of the hero idea, but in general a lifetime point system does seem good.
i hope it will be made so that it truly reflects how well you play, and not how long you have been playing.
and why not that you only get medals, points or advantages for what you did in your last life when the round ended or when you survive an entire round. it would be stupid to get rewarded for things you did while dying afterwards

Upvote 0
In my opinion Heroes should be selected every round from one of the highest ranked players on the server, there should only be one per team. And they should apply to be a hero.

Just like the "commander" feature in Battlefield 2, many players apply but only one of the highest ranked gets to be a commander.

I think this is the best way to implement it.

Upvote 0
Being a Hero also makes you a Commander so not only do you get the best weapons, cool uniforms like a visor cap, leather trenchcoat complete with high ranking badges, dropping ammo supplies, calling up arty strikes, etc but also issue special commands to other squad leaders or officers.

Upvote 0

This is a good idea. The player with the highest k/d ratio (kills from nades excluded?) would become the hero until the map switch. On map switch, that player will lose his hero status.

In other words, I think it would be better if hero status wouldn't be a permanent thing. That way players who play a lot won't have an advantage over players who don't play the game as often. Because that is the problem with unlocks: in most games, it's not a case of playing well, you just have to play a LOT in order to be granted the unlocks. It feels more like work than anything. In games like that, the 15 year-old kiddies often have an advantage (because they play 4 hours a day and have all the unlocks) over the older, more casual players, which is not fair. But with Rak's system, good skills will still be rewarded, both for hardcore and casual players.

The great thing about RO is that tactics beat twitchy reaction skills. Everyone is equal. A relatively new player can outsmart a "veteran" if he uses the right tactics. That has to stay in RO2. I can come back to RO after not having played it for more than a year and still do well (I know because I've done it), not only because RO's game mechanics fit my playstyle, but because the game rewards tactical play.

I hope really TWI considers Rak's idea.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
First of all, I don't think heroes do more dmg or anything like that. They just effect ppl around them. Maybe faster capping, or whatever. We don't really know what the skills are that the hero posses.

But in terms of making sure that the server isn't fully packed with all heroes, I think the best thing would be to have maybe 2 per side max. And the way they are selected is you click on the class you want, then you check a box saying 'Spawn as hero'. Now you get in a queu. The next time a hero dies, the next person spawns as one. And this will go on till the reinforcements are to 0%.

Because ppl seem to think that the hero is a seperate class, but I think it's rather a 'hero version' of a regular class. So heroes can be snipers, assault, squadleader etc.

Upvote 0
Being a Hero also makes you a Commander so not only do you get the best weapons, cool uniforms like a visor cap, leather trenchcoat complete with high ranking badges, dropping ammo supplies, calling up arty strikes, etc but also issue special commands to other squad leaders or officers.

has this all been confirmed or are you just daydreaming?

also, about heroes. i know it refer to the "heroes of the soviet union" medal. would it be out of context when applied to germans?

Upvote 0
also, about heroes. i know it refer to the "heroes of the soviet union" medal. would it be out of context when applied to germans?

It doesnt refer specifically to one side. Just to heroes, Germans got knight cross medals, Soviets got hero of the soviet union medals.

And I dont think heroes are automatically commanders, in each class there can be heroes. So a rifleman can be a hero, but its still the squad leader who issue orders.

Upvote 0