• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Fake target or helmet trick

PETERPANs

Grizzled Veteran
Jul 10, 2009
You know that helm trick on stick to attract enemy snipers or infantry. Its simple just take your helm, grab near stick and put your helm on it, than go to window or edge of wall, after that show your helmet to atract firepower of your enemy. Revealed positions of enemy will help your sniper or sharpshooting rifleman to wipe them out by some shots.

There is lot of examles how to make fake target:
1. dressed figurine or wooden cross equiped with weapon (demaged or not)
2. ...

I think it could be pretty interesting but due to ability for over abuse of it. I would prefer if it would be implemented that it would only to be available to snipers.

Although if the ability is know its effect is lessened as well.

Having it for only snipers kinda kills the point of it. I don't think it'd be overused because:

- You'd be exposing your head.

- You'd have to take the time to find a stick and put your helmet on it (this could be a simple programmed delay)

- You'll f' up your helmet.

IDK, it'd be neat.

Upvote 0
You could make it were officers and snipers are the only one's able to do it, being the closest thing to a spotter (officer is an FO, sniper has a scope) RO has.

I'd assume, on average, that it would be better for your average joe-blo to either just peek, peek and shoot, just shoot or throw a grenade then to pop his helmet off.

That, or make it to where anyone within a certain proximity of the sniper (like 5m) is able to do it, specifically to help the sniper.

Upvote 0