• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
Omfg no

Omfg no

O.K. I understand that crawlers can be annoying and this probably wont help matters. I noticed in the loading screen that it says ''Crawlers-an interesting attempt to merge human and arachnid genes'' so if they are part spider why cant they crawl on walls or ceilings or maybe even jump long distances. just a thought.

They already kill allot of people, think of much more effective they would be! the game would be impossible!

Upvote 0
What if they made them a little more arachnid-like by making the vestigial legs longer and giving them the ability to poison people briefly (doing a blur effect? HP only damage? Slow?).

Crawlers really aren't that hard or difficult, people just underestimate them or think they can avoid them until it's too late. Whenever you hear one just swap to pistol with F, and with the flashlight, their glossy exterior makes them a cinch to see. Pop em a few times and carry on.

or get a firebug.

Or a commando.

or a zerker who knows what he's doing.

Upvote 0
I got tired of getting mauled by the little buggers, so I started treating them like Sirens, KILL ON SIGHT!!!

I've also found it easier/faster, IMO, to hit crouch and shoot at them, than it is to aim down. Also if you happen to be a support, when you crouch and shoot at the buggers you might catch a few more in line behind them or maybe even hit a few stalkers since they usually run together.

To get back on topic , yes , anything to make this game a little harder is always inviting. If all of the sudden when I enter a game and see them all over the walls, I will 1, crap my pants, 2, be excited about a new challenge to the game.

Upvote 0