• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Sound Exporting the sounds

because it belongs to KF and not L4D.
LOL
are you telling me all the sounds and things in maps in games like CS:S, etc are all against the law then? because over 1000 of them have more than illegal copyrighted stuff on there.

it's the world, let the dude do what he wants. if you find it illegal, let him do it, i'll pay for his lawyer. and if i don't pay for the lawyer, go arrest the other over 200K people that own servers in all different games and different types of industries in the world that use copyrighted sounds illegally, go ahead.

Upvote 0
Would it be ok if I hired you to do whatever it is you do for a living. Based on your outlook in this situation it seems you're perfectly fine working for free. This is basically the same logic as giving away duplicated paid content is "ok because it's not for profit" but not looking past the fact that it isn't yours to give away. If you want to support Killing Floor that's great but porting it in part of whole to other games does nothing except give people less reason to get KF since they can just play it in whatever game it's been ported to.

Upvote 0
i don't give a damn doing anything for free as long as i know what i'm doing. i give out free servers and paid servers for a living, and i don't mind that it costs me more money than what i get from donations and customers. (the link in my sig goes to my old site, new site is wesurvivedwave11.com) if that's the case go post the same thing you just said on the millions of other products' forums and see what they have to say to you. that's life, get over it. you can't put everyone in the world in jail for doing something wrong. which is about 75% of the world.

Upvote 0
that's life, get over it.
As individuals we have the luxury of being charitable but any business model designed around creating loss is doomed to fail. In order to survive, business will simply go where the market is and if there were no longer any incentive for business in this market it would just dry up. and no one wants that.

Upvote 0