• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

How important is it for you with money in this game?

I disagree with your assessment with the following weapons:

Hunting Shotgun: I have seen some users with this gun as lvl 3+ support destroy Scrakes and FP likes nobodies business. So this gun is useful, it was nerfed a bit but from what I saw during Biotec labs and also on Office HS isnt so bad as people make it out to be. Its like saying Support was OP'd before, it never was in Suicidal.

Crossbow: It is actually the most cost efficient weapon in the game, if you sell and rebuy the weapon when you use all its ammo its actually cheaper than buying a LAR.

Flamethrower: Not as good as a Bullpup I must admit but it does good damage, and its now imo very ammo efficient than before. I seem to use all my ammo as a lvl 3 commando with a bullpup than I do with a lvl 3 firebug with a flamethrower.

The only thing I can agree with you is the LAW, what this weapon needs is an ability to stun all speciments excluding the patriarch. Damage needs a bit of an upgrade imo, because most specimens on suicidal can take more than 1 law. So its not feasible here for LAW to be so weak, and perhaps the blast radius be bigger so that it becomes more useful.

Although the Chainsaw and the Bullpup are great weapons I dont think its 'mandatory' that the whole team has these 2 weapons. I dont think its 'required' to have these weapons so long as you can kill alot of speciments with ANY weapon that is fine.

I didnt say HS or Xbow arent good

they are great and huge damage dealers

but using xbow or HS in first half of the game is stupid since they are unneeded as long as there arent scrakes and FPs

also chainsaw and bullpup easily decap a full health FP, while its easy to 1 shot kill scrakes even on 6-man team on hard difficulty

sure hunting shotgun is great for when when that enraged FP is rushing you guys or a scrake, but thats it

also I didnt say bullpup and chainsaw are mandatory for whole team, but having 3 people carrying ONE of these two, is pretty much a must on higher difficulties if you want to have no trouble at all with masses of scrakes and FPs

Upvote 0
People that ask for money, if they're not just being greedy, tend to be Rank 2 or lower. The discounts at Rank 3, combined with the extra killing power, are usually enough to get you your primary weapon after wave 1.

I ask for money when I am ~$100 or less short of my main weapon on the first waves. But I tend to play with friends so they don't get bent out of shape when I ask for any extra cash they aren't saving for something.

I tend to never give money to people who have just joined and are spawning at the start of the wave. As was said, that's a questionable investment until you figure out what kind of player they are (not how good they are.)

If I join a game that's more than 50% in, I usually don't ask for money. It would be nice, but chances are I'm dog meat anyways so why bother asking?

I'll save ~150 pounds each round usually, unless someone needs something vital like a primary weapon or ammo. Ammo is the one thing I'll usually give money for without question. I figure, you lived long enough to empty your weapon and keep it for the next wave, so it's a good investment for me and a vital investment for them.

My biggest pet peeve is people who ask for money to buy crap like, dual deagles, or a backup weapon or to max out their grendes. Support players tend to be money sinks and I get pissed of hearing the same guy say "I need money for grenades!" Of course you do, you're support. Quit throwing 4 at a time at non-FPs and Skrakes, you mook.

One deagle like your primary weapon is a worthy cause, duals is something you earn your own cash for, just like a secondary weapon and a packmule worth of grenades. I'll give out money for body armor past 50%, because that's when it starts being the difference between being dead in one punch, or four. You don't need body armor in the first three waves, so quit freaking asking me for "an extra 300," during those waves.

So, try to think about what your own teammates need to pay for before you start asking for cash. And if you just default ask for cash every time you get in game/after every wave until you have exactly everything you want, please die in a fire or on the end of a Skrake's chainsaw.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I didnt say HS or Xbow arent good

they are great and huge damage dealers

but using xbow or HS in first half of the game is stupid since they are unneeded as long as there arent scrakes and FPs

also chainsaw and bullpup easily decap a full health FP, while its easy to 1 shot kill scrakes even on 6-man team on hard difficulty

sure hunting shotgun is great for when when that enraged FP is rushing you guys or a scrake, but thats it

also I didnt say bullpup and chainsaw are mandatory for whole team, but having 3 people carrying ONE of these two, is pretty much a must on higher difficulties if you want to have no trouble at all with masses of scrakes and FPs

Just painfully drudged our way though the disconnects of Suicidal Biotics and not a single member of our team used a Bullpup or a Chainsaw.

Four Support two Firebug, pretty cake walk. As for "masses of scrakes and Flesh pounds"... well they kinda took care of each other ;).

It'd be nice change to see the zeds working with each other instead of against, it's just too easy to incite the fleshpound and have him take care to 20+ at a time.

Upvote 0
2 things:

----------
Medic is a good perk, but it isnt just to heal. Its more of a support player class. If Medic just heals, then only the ones who play in a clan will play as one.

Medic just healing would suck, I wouldnt want to play Medic just to heal everyone should be healing others and themselves when you can. To rely on Medic to rescue you is a bit aburd.

They should heal whenever they get a chance to, but there is no encouragement to do so, as a Medic running around to heal is boring. Some Medical abilities against a specimens would be nice, maybe like healing enough people will provide you an ability to stun or invincibility to say.

----------
The Big Gun not necessary at the start... If I use your logic, the first 5 waves (until a scrake) can be covered with a pistol and a knife. Why do you need any other weapon? Even on Suicidal I had no problems killing ppl with a pistol as a knife with a lvl 3 commando. The big weapons can be used any time, some of them arent so expensive if you survive.

If not you should play on an easier difficulty.
----------

Upvote 0
support needs lvl 3 for SG/HS. Medic need 5 for spawned armour.

i'm usually lvl4 medic. All i need to get me going is 149 for armour, 200 for LAR, and 80 for LAR ammo. i'll forgo armour if i dont have enough for it.

and yeah, i dont even bother using much ammo wave one. pull out to pistol to headshot bloats, and sometimes gorefasts.

Upvote 0
There are two types of people that irk me in games:

- Asking for money on wave 4 or below....
- Asking for money after you die wave after wave within 10 seconds...

For the former, you shouldnt need to worry about money, and even later waves you might not have anything so here is a tip. Just help the team by being near them, this doesnt mean sacrificing yourself, you can still down plenty of weaker mobs and get the team to help with the scrakes and fp.

For the latter, if you die that many times, you should just play on an easier difficulty, or just spectate and wait for next game.

What I want to know is how important money is in this game? I only find it important to have a decent weapon on wave 6 onwards, but not 'everyone' needs to be equipping laws and hs, and even chainsaws. As long as 2 or more wield these weapons you should be ok for suicidal even.

I personally don't care what level it's on, what difficulty or why the player needs it. This is a team game. I wish they wouldn't display #hits per player and that ALL money was divided equally. To be corny: "All for one and one for all."

I hate this caste system about difficulty played, money made, combat techniques, number of deaths, ad nauseum. Any of those factors should be in the post only if they are germane to the post. Like "X happens on suicidal but never on normal."

Perhaps those people who keep dying all the time are actually trying to get better. The jump from beginner to normal is way too large IMO. You go from what can be (for some) a cake walk to dying before wave 3. That's the way it was for me.

I doesn't seem like you were doing this in your post, and I'm sorry if it wasn't your intention, but I thought it needed saying.

cx

Upvote 0
Me and a mate on his suicidal server have given out money to 2-3 people, perk levels 0-3 :/ and seen them die repeatedly in the first 5-10 seconds of 4 or so waves before they gave up and left

I know people want a challenge and go aha, i'll go for suicidal, but without the perk benefits, jumping straight in is quick death all round.

I know some people can play good enough and not get wasted, without level 5 perks, but surely you should try hard first, since at the moment, that can still be a challenge anyway

Upvote 0
Medics [should] focus primary on healing so they will often get less kills. But they also act as backup berserkers (chainsaw to deal with scrakes) or backup sharpshooters (xbow to deal with sirens) - so I try to get a habit of tossing em some dosh now and then after they healed you in combat.

While this might be just my personal experience, medic is best with bullpup and fire axe and hopping around here and there to check if he is needed. Bullpup is quite insane headshot machine and cost-effective weapon and fire axe is good way to conserve ammo or to deal with certain enemies in certain situations.

Average mainetance cost per each round is very low, unless you need new armour (which can take 3-6 waves to happen if you're not going too much roidrage with fire axe or so), and considering that you can get your gear up by wave 3, by the time you reach endwaves or Patriarch it's not impossible to have ****load of money even if you were philantrophist inbetween every round before that.

Upvote 0
I agree that the law is a bad choice of a weapon to buy, if they are stupid they deserve to die and usually by the time we make it to the patriarch i have roughly 1000 dollars probably more and since i usually try and go for the head shots for most specimen i don't waste to much ammo for my bullpup so just a quick top off and the purchase of more amour and i am good that still leaves me what like 600-700 dollars in my pocket there is no way i need that much money to begin with much less what i earn on top of that the next round. Last night i played on the tat server and we did so well that i had like 4000 dollars by wave 6 what am i to do with 4000 dollars after i top off everything? Keep it? the way i spend and play money doesn't matter so i end up with a large amount of dosh and i enjoy giving it away and if they buy a law they will learn that it is a pice of crap. Plus when i do give money way people remember my name so that when i join a server late and they are there they go he thats the guy who gave money so that i could get a desent weapon in the middle of the game i think i will return the favor.

Upvote 0
I agree that the law is a bad choice of a weapon to buy, if they are stupid they deserve to die and usually by the time we make it to the patriarch i have roughly 1000 dollars probably more and since i usually try and go for the head shots for most specimen i don't waste to much ammo for my bullpup so just a quick top off and the purchase of more amour and i am good that still leaves me what like 600-700 dollars in my pocket there is no way i need that much money to begin with much less what i earn on top of that the next round. Last night i played on the tat server and we did so well that i had like 4000 dollars by wave 6 what am i to do with 4000 dollars after i top off everything? Keep it? the way i spend and play money doesn't matter so i end up with a large amount of dosh and i enjoy giving it away and if they buy a law they will learn that it is a pice of crap. Plus when i do give money way people remember my name so that when i join a server late and they are there they go he thats the guy who gave money so that i could get a desent weapon in the middle of the game i think i will return the favor.

thats the point

they dont get it that LAW sux

they think they are doing massive damage when actualy those 2 shapshooters alone did more than 90% dmg than all 4 others combined

from todays and yestefdays games I only met 1 half decent person that used xbow on public server

way too many people are using bullpups and flamethrowers (when only 2 guys used it correctly today in 1 game where we were constantly chasing the patriarch)

you even see rifle being used

people are just horrible and never learn

Upvote 0
While this might be just my personal experience, medic is best with bullpup and fire axe and hopping around here and there to check if he is needed. Bullpup is quite insane headshot machine and cost-effective weapon and fire axe is good way to conserve ammo or to deal with certain enemies in certain situations.

Average mainetance cost per each round is very low, unless you need new armour (which can take 3-6 waves to happen if you're not going too much roidrage with fire axe or so), and considering that you can get your gear up by wave 3, by the time you reach endwaves or Patriarch it's not impossible to have ****load of money even if you were philantrophist inbetween every round before that.

Yeah, that's pretty much my loadout whenever I go Medic. It's pretty awesome. Bullpup is cheap to buy and keep loaded, is insanely awesome at killing most enemies short of a Scrake or FP and the fireaxe is likewise. Couple that with awesome runspeed and badass body armor and you make one mean combat medic.

Upvote 0