• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

KillingFloorMods.com hacked

Extreme_One

Grizzled Veteran
May 18, 2009
killingfloormods.com
It is with regret that I am here to report that an unscrupulous b'stard has decided it would be amusing to hack killingfloormods.com

We are attempting to repair the damage that has been done.

The security flaw has been fixed so they won't get in that way again.

Currently, previously registered members will be unable to log in, and all the downloads and posts in the forums are no longer prescribed to their respective authors.

No member passwords or personal info was compromised.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Last edited:
Extreme I am very sorry to hear this news. I have no doubt that you'll be back on track soon enough though.

Don't let the bast...ds get you down trooper.

Just goes to prove your doing a GREAT job if someone has targeted you!!

Cheers filthy.

Thanks mate.

No worries, we will be back. The lamers can't stop us.

Take extreme caution. My ro clan site was 'hacked' probably a dozen times. All I can say is don't use PHPNuke...it's full of security holes.

Thanks for the heads-up.

We have fixed the exploit which allowed backend access.

We don't use PHPNuke :)

Upvote 0
As for the question of "why", it's really because they can. Script kiddies and folks who stumbled onto a program or two and consider themselves "Hackers" will try to get into whatever they can, period, and smaller sites, like Killingfloormods and clan sites, are relatively "safe" targets in that they won't trace your IP and report you to the authorities after unleashing a team of lawyers, like large companies will if you hack their sites *COUGH*EAGAMES*COUGH*

The sad part is that even with little to no experience, your average 13-year old boy equipped with the right scripts or programs can do a somewhat startling amount of damage to a site in a short amount of time...

Upvote 0
corrected for truth

Yes, there was a security flaw we were previously unaware of, which has now been fixed.

By highlighting the fact that there was a security hole, you almost make it sound as if you think the attack was justified.
All hacks are the result of exploiting a security flaw.

I wonder if the little scum-bag that hacked our site would steal an old lady's purse if he noticed her back door was unlocked?

If I got my hands on the little scum-bag I'd unlock his back door and shove a marrow up, sideways!

Upvote 0