• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
Well if you didn't find L4D fun, then why'd you suggest Versus mode for KF? :confused:

Just because L4D has versus mode, doesn't make it fun. Did you ever wander why there are versus mode games out there which aren't fun?

L4D is a bit "arcadey", and a bit "linear". It was do the same thing, follow the same path that sort of thing. I havn't played it since it first came out so I don't know if it's any better now.

I like the gameplay style of Killing Floor, although it's not perfect, it's still a fun game to play. However, I don't mean to cause any offence or controversy, but KF is becoming a bit "stale" with its lack of options.

Yes, putting in versus mode will ruin the "coop" identity that many have given the game. But at the end of the day, it isn't about staying the same, it's about what makes the game appeal to more players. I know many people (in real life) who don't like the game because it's all coop, and tbh all out coop players are pretty hard to come by. People like a bit of competition, and atm the only competition there is, is in the mapping community, which is useless without players.

I'm sorry I'm going on a bit, but I'v looked at the server list, and every day, there are less and less players. I hope TW are planning something already, because I get pretty frustrated when I release a map and find out that people don't even play the game anymore.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I think a versus mode is on the way.

I noticed this new variable in the latest update and it wasn't there before latest update:
var bool bPVPGame; // let the gametype know this is PVP, not regular KF
PVP means Player vs Player.
There is also code that limits the max players to 12 instead of 6 for PVP games.

Last edited:
Upvote 0