• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Grenade best team killer in RO

PETERPANs

Grizzled Veteran
Jul 10, 2009
Its horrible, lot of newcomers and medium players dont know how to use grenades. Grenade is top team killer in Red Orchestra. Especialy german grenade is too hard for them due to different blow up mechanism than russian.

Here is some hints:

1. make crosshair for grenades to prevent lot of team killing by non skilled players.
2. make detailed tutorial, how grenades explode, how to throw them and how not.

Its horrible, lot of newcomers and medium players dont know how to use grenades. Grenade is top team killer in Red Orchestra. Especialy german grenade is too hard for them due to different blow up mechanism than russian.

Here is some hints:

1. make crosshair for grenades to prevent lot of team killing by non skilled players.

Here's a better hint: watch your left hand...

Upvote 0
rofl crosshairs, you are funny

people wont read the tutorial anyway. if i start a game i **** on tutorials and start straight ahead. the only thing would be a kind of a test parcour that you have to play before being able to play online, but TWI will surely not add it to RO:O since it's over 3 years old now and they got enough work to do with RO:HoS and KF

Upvote 0
Yep, it happened in real combat, therefore I'm fine with getting blown up by a dead nade...only adds to the realism. You don't seem to get it, do you? We don't want to be babied like with all the other shooters. That means getting killed when you don't want to. Like with random artillery :p

A basic training section could be helpful to lots of newcomers, though...maybe they won't be scared away from the game so quickly?

Upvote 0

Here is some hints:

2. make detailed tutorial, how grenades explode, how to throw them and how not.

Lauch the RO, click on practice, run mapy which you like most - START TRAINING STOP BLAMING.

It isn't so obvious how to use a grenade? Hopefully most of the newbies can learn how to play in RO:HoS during single player campaing.

Upvote 0
Lauch the RO, click on practice, run mapy which you like most - START TRAINING STOP BLAMING.

It isn't so obvious how to use a grenade? Hopefully most of the newbies can learn how to play in RO:HoS during single player campaing.

Man I know how to throw nades but:

In real war soldiers know how grenades works. For example german infantryman picked up nade and hold it in hand and kaboom,
3-4 team players killed. Ok, ok he know now, you think, ofcourse same player blow his team again ... Second grenade scourge is throwing. Its not bad throw, its realy stupid throwing, it seems that many players dont know that grenade have realy sharp throwing mechanism. They tell you that grenades have randoom trajectory, so it depends on luck how to throw them. And that is not all I heard lot of wrong thinking about grenade throwing ... Hell that I dont care if noobs dont know how to throw nades but if you get TK by nade 4-5 times in single match ....

Its true that soviet team dont have lot of TK by nade. Main reason is simple blow up mechanism of russian nade. German blow up in your hand if you hold him too long ...

Upvote 0
so you're saying decrease the amount of damage a grenade does on a friendly to stop noobs from causing team kills........shall they also decrease the amount of damage a bullet or tank shell has on a friendly as well? or better yet, decrease the amount of damage artillery has on friendlies, since in reality, that is REALLY the biggest team killer in the game. average life of even a good squad leader on maps with arty is maybe 1 round before they are removed due to friendly fire violation.

SL: "check your map for arty!"
ROPlayer: "what button is that?"
SL: "NOOOOOOB! read your manual!! you're gonna run into it!"
ROPlayer: "it's ok, not even close to the coordinates :)"
BOOOOOOM BOOOOM BOOOOOM!!!!
ROPlayer was team-killed by SL's artllery shell
SL has been removed due to friendly fire violation :mad:

when will people learn that RO never was, and hopefully never will be as unrealistic as 90% of other fps games? :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
but if you get TK by nade 4-5 times in single match ....

Than that newbie-grenade user get kicked and banned after 3rd TK by server. IF he has a brain he starts to use it and think what he has done wrong -> starts learning, practicing and become good RO player.

Noob say few curses, starts spamclicking join to old server, after few tries join another server, get banned again for TKs and he goes back to his arcade games with good crosshair on screen and tons feedbacks on the screen.

@-[SiN]-bswearer nice dialogue, poor SL :/

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I personally hope that there is a system that somehow limits users usage of grenades a little. (even though loads of grenades is realistic, generally in the real world you did not respawn a few secs after every death, nor knew exactly when enemies are likely to be where).

If this could be attained I would love it if grenades would go back to the highly dangerous proportions they were in the mod. Where the schrapnell could kill you atleast within 10 meters of the grenade.

Upvote 0
so you're saying decrease the amount of damage a grenade does on a friendly to stop noobs from causing team kills........shall they also decrease the amount of damage a bullet or tank shell has on a friendly as well? or better yet, decrease the amount of damage artillery has on friendlies, since in reality, that is REALLY the biggest team killer in the game. average life of even a good squad leader on maps with arty is maybe 1 round before they are removed due to friendly fire violation.

SL: "check your map for arty!"
ROPlayer: "what button is that?"
SL: "NOOOOOOB! read your manual!! you're gonna run into it!"
ROPlayer: "it's ok, not even close to the coordinates :)"
BOOOOOOM BOOOOM BOOOOOM!!!!
ROPlayer was team-killed by SL's artllery shell
SL has been removed due to friendly fire violation :mad:

when will people learn that RO never was, and hopefully never will be as unrealistic as 90% of other fps games? :rolleyes:

I am not saying to decrease grenade dmg to friendly targets. Here is calculation:

Best team killer grenade + tripwire interactive = better solution

Better solution is: tips, warning messages, detailed tutorials, learning methods

Upvote 0