• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Final Map KF-Library Final

it is probably because I did not embed them in the level since I did not know how at the time. I could go an set it up so they are embeded, but that could potentially break everything since it would require deleting all custom static meshes and replacing them with new ones. The textures can also face the same issue, but at a lesser degree. users who do not download the map also forego the custom music files, so it is probably better to map pack the map and people DL it.

In any case, being my first U2.5 map, I learned alot like how to embed textures and meshes and the next level will have them embeded. its actually coming out very nice, though not as far along as I would like. A beta for that should be available in a few weeks.

Upvote 0
yes I know this is a double post and I should just edit, but I felt that since this is a proposal that it would make it easier to read then a wall of text.

What if I made a 'server only' version that removes the custom music, changes the textures and doors to a myLevel, and release it only to the servers?

While I do not want there to be several versions of the same map going around, it would be preferable to people not being able to play a map because they have to download and install the custom content.

Upvote 0
yes I know this is a double post and I should just edit, but I felt that since this is a proposal that it would make it easier to read then a wall of text.

What if I made a 'server only' version that removes the custom music, changes the textures and doors to a myLevel, and release it only to the servers?

While I do not want there to be several versions of the same map going around, it would be preferable to people not being able to play a map because they have to download and install the custom content.

I understand your points because you don't want to ruins the textures and meshes in the map, I also love this map, Now I have your answer finally, I made map pack too but people love to prefer downloading from the server. I will inform them to download my map pack

Upvote 0
If a server independent? How then to inform people to load a content? Is not present it is necessary all the same or to correct or make a variant efficient! ИМХО

Well the idea would be that is not the map that would be publicly available or something like that. I would PM the link to people who have servers, but this is all just a speculation of mine. I probably wouldn't do it since I am working on a new project and am trying to finish that before I start a new one.

Upvote 0
Just wondering if anything has ever been done with this map. I too, could not get the map to work properly on our server.

tlbacomp and stackdoors file issues that I could not resolve no matter what I did with those files. It's a shame too, because this map, the sounds, look and feel really got my attention.

I consider it one of the nicest maps out there. Single play is no problem............ but can't have it on our server.

Great maps that really attract the pubbers are rare............ and this was one of them! But.......................... can't use it.

Upvote 0
new map on the way!

new map on the way!

Just wondering if anything has ever been done with this map. I too, could not get the map to work properly on our server.

tlbacomp and stackdoors file issues that I could not resolve no matter what I did with those files. It's a shame too, because this map, the sounds, look and feel really got my attention.

I consider it one of the nicest maps out there. Single play is no problem............ but can't have it on our server.

Great maps that really attract the pubbers are rare............ and this was one of them! But.......................... can't use it.

Well....good news. something IS being done with the map! I am completely remaking stacks/basement from the ground up...literally. Right now I am almost ready to release a beta version of Basement, the goal would be to release three separate maps: basement, stacks, and library (which is a combo of Basement and Stacks). the beta for basement will definitely be released by the end of February (and the map is looking pretty boss).

Unlike this map (Library Final), all custom resources will be internal to the map and it will be using the base music so it will be easier for people to play it.

Reactions: krispyk
Upvote 0