• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

White listing maps

check you steam update news for KF ;)

Yeah, but what does that mean for the maps out right now? And the ones in the beta section? What about maps shared between players and not from here? Is there a process? Do we need to send the map to them and have them approve it in an update? These are things the update news doesn't answer.

Or, at least, things I don't see answered because I don't make maps.

Upvote 0
This is what makes me sad. I think it would be easier and better for everybody if you made a short list of maps that were disabled, rather than a huge list of enabled maps.

A huge list will be fine. It takes the processor a fraction of a second to parse a huge list over a tiny list so its no prob. If the list grows to 5,000,000 maps then there are some tweaks to make it parse fast still.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I don't understand why you are bothering to maintain a whitelist at all... how long are you going to keep it going? What happens when you get too busy and start taking weeks to whitelist maps? Leveling maps have such a tiny negative effect of KF, I could see them doing this in a game like TF2, but for KF.....

Personally I would rather see the effort put to something productive ;/.. I had high hopes for KF but I have a feeling you guys lost the massive momentum you started with :(

p.s. yes I am still annoyed because I enjoyed the game more before the first patch :(.

Upvote 0