• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Crashes during gameplay

Killing floor crashes when i'm playing.
I'm running windows vista 64bit Ultimate and in the middle of gameplay it just crashes on me

Build KillingFloor_Build_[2009-02-09_10.82]

CPU: AuthenticAMD Unknown processor @ 3000 MHz with 4093MB RAM
Video: NVIDIA GeForce 9500 GT (8618)

General protection fault!

History: UObject::processEvent <- (ROBufferedTCPLink Entry.ROBufferedTCPLink, Function ROInterface.ROBufferedTCPLink.Tick) <- AActor::Tick <- AInternetLink::Tick <- ATcpLink::Tick <- TickAllActors <- ULevel::Tick <- (NetMode=0) <- TickLevel <- UGameEngine::Tick <- Level Untitled <- UpdateWorld <- MainLoop <- FMallocWindows::Free <- FMallocWindows::Realloc <- 4C576C61 0 FArray <- FArray::Realloc <- 0*2 <- FMallocWindows::Free

This is a different issue than the Flamethrower issue. The line "General Protection Fault" is not a description of the full error, but rather a generic output stating that something in the game code errored.

The actual description of the error can be found in the lines that follow, which seem like gibberish to anyone unfamiliar with the Unreal Script. The actual error, in this case, happened in this function:

UObject::processEvent <- (ROBufferedTCPLink Entry.ROBufferedTCPLink, Function ROInterface.ROBufferedTCPLink.Tick)

To us, that means that the game had an error talking to the News Server, but it's odd that this is happening during gameplay. I would suggest deleting your KillingFloor.ini in /Program Files/Steam/steamapps/common/killingfloor/System/ as it sounds like this has somehow become corrupted.

Upvote 0