• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Please help me decide between two GFX cards!

The Palit is freaking loud, believe me. It's pretty annoying until your brain blocks it out (if you are lucky).

HUUUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

All the time.

I don't know about the Sapphire but I think it's noisy too. Can't be as loud as the Palit, though. If 20 bucks is no issue for you (20 bucks is not that small a difference imo) I'd give the Sapphire a shot.

I your PC has good noise protection or you simply don't mind: 20 bucks for a nice cinema visit with girlfriend and the Palit.

Upvote 0
I've got a Saphire 4870 (probably roughly the same model) and its fine and dandy, with the default fan settings its pretty quiet till it swtiches on high for about 2-3seconds before going back to normal, though I only notice this on desktop and never while listening to music/films/playing games.

I did flash the bios of the card to a better fan setting but I began getting problems, that may or may not have been related so I flashed it back. Also with the newest CCC you can manually adjust the fan speed if its a problem at all.

Upvote 0