• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Widescreen RO

ron_moron

Grizzled Veteran
Jun 15, 2007
My monitor, apart from being small and rubbish, has decided the world looks better tinted pink, so I'm going to throw it in the bin and go and buy a new one.

Apologies if this is a stupid question, but I'm thinking of getting a widescreen one and I wanted to know if RO will work on widescreen? Does it still display 4:3 or does the image zoom in to fill the 16:9 widescreen, or is there a widescreen image all the time and I'm only seeing a part of it on my little monitor?

I pretty much only play RO so I'm not bothered about other games, but I'd hate to spend the money and then find it ruins my enjoyment of being shot every thirty seconds.

it purely crops the image there have been comparisions. Although since there is no weapon zoom in ro. It actually makes hitting long range targets easier :p

Well I just got my BenQ widescreen HD monitor and I'm loving it. I've set RO to the widescreen setting but will this now affect the performance? Don't want to be able to see more if I'm lagging so much I can't hit anything.

(I would just test this myself but as I can't usually hit anything anyway I'm not sure I would be the best test of this).

Upvote 0
as top and bottom get cut off, generally you're seeing less and rendering less so you should get better performance.

Although your new screen probably got a higher resolution so it will run slightly worse but RO has always been limited by the cpu and not GPU so you should be fine with all settings high.

Woohoo! Bring on the pixels! And best of all, when you kill me it's because the higher settings are slowing my down andno longer because I'm rubbish. Honest.

Upvote 0