• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Killing Floor: Middle Age/Fantasy

Feuerkelch

May 17, 2009
I got a mod-idea, which might be cool to be relesed :D

Since there are Melee Weapons already included in KF it would be easy to make a Mod pased in Middle Age or Fantasy with Swords and Axes and this stuff. Make it all more focused on Melee and add some bows or maybe magic as ranged attacks. Change the Specimens a bit more to Zombies, espacially the Fleshpound would need some scenario-adjustment. I think you could make it even more detailed in tactics if you add shields with limited hitpoints, so there are some blockers in the front, behind them melee fighters with longer weapons like spears and behind them the archers. Limit the healing to one perk, which could be a priest who puts his hand on his fellows to raise their life a bit.

What do you think? Is it possible or is it wasted time?

i think including the idea as a mutator would be the best, because it's just a replacement of weapons/weaponmodels, zombiemodels and playermodels. I think i can handle the scripting of a mutator, when i have a tutorial about the basics... i searched around with google a little, bit the things i found are missing the introduction for what files need to be created and where. When anyone knows a good one, let me know, but im still searching. And i need someone for creating the models :)

Upvote 0
i had a similar idea in this thread
http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=30393

Medieval Zombie Hordes mod!
a deadly zombie plague is eating away at the lands!
a nice gritty atmospheric mod with rusty, bloody medieval weaponary (mostly close combat weaponary i guess...maybe bows/crossbows too)
maps based in caves/dungeons/destroyed castles/villages/woods etc...
the mod could have a drabby brown sort of feel to it, like one of those crappy english days were the wind is chilly and the skies are grey and ther are spits of rain hitting your face (and you gotta go work...)

Upvote 0
Before I even heard about this idea, I started working on a castle map for me and my friends to play across LAN. I've included some early screen shots.

Please note that the geometry is only about 90% complete, lots of textures need changed/adjusted, and hardly any decorating has been done (I've included screen shots of pretty much everything I've decorated so far. Much less working zombie spawns or pathing, and most of the current lighting is just there to illuminate during playtesting, and will be revamped before completion.

I figured you guys might be interested in it, seems to fit this idea well

Attachments

• towers.JPG
    towers.JPG
    44.9 KB · Views: 0
  • insidetower.JPG
    insidetower.JPG
    90.6 KB · Views: 0
  • towertop.JPG
    towertop.JPG
    54 KB · Views: 0
  • outerkeep.JPG
    outerkeep.JPG
    55.1 KB · Views: 0
  • kitchen.JPG
    kitchen.JPG
    94.2 KB · Views: 0
Upvote 0
Heres a few more screen caps of inside the keep.

Also, sorry for the odd sizes of images... the forums file size limits are rather small.. :eek:

EDIT: hahaha odd, my second post gets put up before my first one... :p I wonder why my first one required moderator approval and this one did not.... oh well, whatever, explanation and more screen caps on the way as soon as the post gets approved.

Attachments

• dungeoncell.JPG
    dungeoncell.JPG
    91.5 KB · Views: 0
  • 2ndfloorroom.JPG
    2ndfloorroom.JPG
    89 KB · Views: 0
  • 2ndfloorroom2.JPG
    2ndfloorroom2.JPG
    88.8 KB · Views: 0
  • 3rdfloorbalcony.JPG
    3rdfloorbalcony.JPG
    87.6 KB · Views: 0
  • 3rdfloortrader.JPG
    3rdfloortrader.JPG
    68.6 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hmph I'm tired of waiting, gonna see if I can get another post up. If I can, I'll edit more info into it.

Alrighty it worked! Ok, lets try this again.

I was working on this map before this topic was even posted, but I figured you guys might be interested.

90% of the geometry is done but thats about it.

All kinds of lighting, texture, decorating (meshes, doors, functioning traders), and pathing work needs done as well. I originally only intended this map to be used for LAN play with some friends of mine, but if theres enough interest, I may polish it up for a public release. I'd also be more than willing to hand it over to anyone who intends to make this type of mod a reality.

Attachments

• kitchen.JPG
    kitchen.JPG
    94.2 KB · Views: 0
  • towers.JPG
    towers.JPG
    44.9 KB · Views: 0
  • insidetower.JPG
    insidetower.JPG
    90.6 KB · Views: 0
  • towertop.JPG
    towertop.JPG