• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

"Role playing" communities?

Flaringo

FNG / Fresh Meat
Apr 4, 2009
Hello!

Are there any clans or communities in this game which focuses on creating "real" battles? I mean, proper squads set up with proper objectives, commanders with voice communication and stuff like that. The game can be really fun on public server, but I feel like it could be so much more with some proper organization. Right now everybody's running around doing their own thing.

I remember playing the Battle Grounds mod for Half-life 2. At first I joined a random public server. We were on a pretty small map just running and gunning. Pretty boring. Then I got on to this server where you had to follow your commander. If you ran off you got kicked from the server. So we were like 15-20 guys marching along this road, then up on this little hill. The commander told us to form a line, and so we did. So we stood there for like 30 seconds just waiting, till we finally saw the enemy army approach us in the distance, coming out of the mist slowly. We were all told to hold our fire, and fire on his command. He said "fire!", and there was this giant cloud of smoke forming above us because of the gunfire, people were just dieing one by one until we were told to retreat into the forest. From there we had the advantage and won the game. It was one of the coolest moments in my gaming history!

Anyways, hope someone can enlighten me. Thanks :p

29th Infantry Division does that for Darkest Hour. Watch out though, they're excessively ana_l to the extreme ;).

That said I'm very grateful for their server.

Look into them if that's your thing though.

Honestly you're better off with Project Reality if you're really looking for that kind of gameplay. Extremely organized teamplay, even on pubs (it will blow your mind), and a lot of players are vets, so it's very "authentic".

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Honestly you're better off with Project Reality if you're really looking for that kind of gameplay. Extremely organized teamplay, even on pubs (it will blow your mind), and a lot of players are vets, so it's very "authentic".

yeah i tried that. its good, except i je deteste the battlefield engine, not more than the source engine though (aka the lego engine...)...:D

Upvote 0